• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They do the actual processing quickly, they have just been slammed with backlog of late.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    They do the actual processing quickly, they have just been slammed with backlog of late.

Makes sense. Now I have to get used to concealed carrying. I have a feeling that I won't like the feel of an IWB holster and will pocket carry two J frames instead (in DeSantis Superflys). LOL!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I had asked a question of the State Police via e-mail regarding their form (which still asks if you have a permit in your home state)... that was before I got the answer from swinokur (thank you very much). They haven't cashed my check yet, but I did get a response from the State Police basically saying that requirement wasn't valid anymore and they haven't updated their forms yet, and I didn't need one to carry in NH, but I was free to apply voluntarily. Been a little less than a month since I sent mine in, so hopefully it will show up in another few weeks.

Face

Mar 1, 2015
    I'm about 3 weeks in patiently waiting. I assume once check is cashed it'll be another few days

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    What do you have to do to get the NH non-resident cc license? I downloaded the form and I don't see anything about required training or certification. The only thing is the id number of home state permit or letter from local law enforcement which the website states is no longer required.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    What do you have to do to get the NH non-resident cc license? I downloaded the form and I don't see anything about required training or certification. The only thing is the id number of home state permit or letter from local law enforcement which the website states is no longer required.

Fill it out and leave the permit part blank, write a check for $100 to send along and you should see it in about 6-8 weeks. From what I'm hearing they are a little backed up so it's taking a little longer than usual to process.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I sent my application off a few weeks ago. Sent off my MD Designated Collector affidavit at the same time. Got the DC letter back last week, but my check hasn't cashed for my NH permit yet. I am expecting to wait at least another month.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    Mine took 5 weeks, got it yesterday. The check I wrote them for it actually cleared on the same day I received it.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Received my NH nonresident permit on the mail today. Based on the tracking info from USPS, the application didn't make it to the proper folks until Feb 28 (mailed on the 22nd), that is really pretty fast turnaround time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom