• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Well, damn. Something's up then. The only odd thing about the transaction is that its a gift from the long term estranged wife. I did wonder if being a gift affected anything & whether we had to do a transfer since we're still legally married.

Possibly, you might want to give the licensing division a call tomorrow just to check. And please post back so we can follow the process for gifting from spouses.:thumbsup:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Well, damn. Something's up then. The only odd thing about the transaction is that its a gift from the long term estranged wife. I did wonder if being a gift affected anything & whether we had to do a transfer since we're still legally married.

IIRC gift is notification of MSP only. No approval needed, no fee.

HCOR

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm going into 9th day. mine says under second review. not sure why, bought many guns, have collectors status. never been issue in the past.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I'm going into 9th day. mine says under second review. not sure why, bought many guns, have collectors status. never been issue in the past.

So that raises an interesting question:

Is there anything in the system that prevents the dealer from releasing on the 7th day, like the law says that they can? Does the new electronic system prevent them from releasing if MSP doesn't have their junk together by the 7th day?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yep, I spoke to a nice lady at the MSP licensing division that confirms this.

They consider it transferred when you fill out the info online & click on send.

That's what I also understood. Gifted to my dad back when you had to do paperwork. They did not charge us the $10 fee. Trooper said I would get something for the approval. but I never did and mailed in the paperwork after going back to the barracks to ask what was up and they said mail it. I think they did not think things through when doing the new system to make it easy to understand what is going on. I'd like to hear from others who did gift.

Let us know what they say when you call in.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Curious, did you buy an AR lower or was the gun you bought new, or was there otherwise something unusual about it? The list of gun models on the e-77r does not seem to line up with the handgun roster. I've heard some speculation that the second review is to verify the model is on the roster.

If you are on day 9 and they have not shown up in black SUVs at 4am, or you did not get a call to turn in your other guns, you are probaly GTG. Something else is the delay.

kennyc01

Apr 30, 2008
    Gaithersburg, MD
    So that raises an interesting question:

Is there anything in the system that prevents the dealer from releasing on the 7th day, like the law says that they can? Does the new electronic system prevent them from releasing if MSP doesn't have their junk together by the 7th day?

Just done this. The 77R approval email contains a PIN that I have to give it to my FFL. I assume the FFL needs the final PIN to release.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just done this. The 77R approval email contains a PIN that I have to give it to my FFL. I assume the FFL needs the final PIN to release.

It is the same PIN as you got when you did the original app.

They just send it to you again, since most people will forget to bring it.

HCOR

Jun 19, 2016
    Curious, did you buy an AR lower or was the gun you bought new, or was there otherwise something unusual about it? The list of gun models on the e-77r does not seem to line up with the handgun roster. I've heard some speculation that the second review is to verify the model is on the roster.

If you are on day 9 and they have not shown up in black SUVs at 4am, or you did not get a call to turn in your other guns, you are probaly GTG. Something else is the delay.

My dealer missed something on the app is was sent back to him to fix. I have to admit i was a little worried lol

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    0700 on 7th day and 77R is still Under Review MDSP

When I filled out the 4473, the FFL said she wouldn't release firearm until I received the NOT DISAPPROVED email from MSP.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I'm supposed to pickup two handguns today as well and didn't receive the email. Mine still says Under Review MDSP as well. It looks like they have a glitch in their systems.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    I just called and they said they are sending out emails on the 8th day. It was on the 7th day about a month ago when I last went through this process.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I just called and they said they are sending out emails on the 8th day. It was on the 7th day about a month ago when I last went through this process.

As you stated, many in this thread posted on the 7th day they received their email.

Thank you very much for the UP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom