• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Ok, I talked to Marlene today. Here's the update. My S2 will be shipped tomorrow or Monday. My FFL will then take up to MSP and we'll make the 4/7 deadline for the 4/20 meeting. The update to the list from this meeting will take place on 6/6. That will be the first day you can submit a 77r for a Shadow 2. Then of course the 7 day wait so 6/13 is the first day we'll be able to have it in our hands.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    The SP-01 Shadow Target II is covered by the SP-01, would be nice if this was covered by it also.

The handgun roster does have the SP-01 shadow on it. I think the target II is good to go because it doesn't actually say "target II" anywhere on the gun. The side just says CZ75 SP-01 Shadow. The new Shadow 2 is a different story since it has Shadow 2 plastered across the grips like a billboard.

The handgun roster does have the SP-01 shadow on it. I think the target II is good to go because it doesn't actually say "target II" anywhere on the gun. The side just says CZ75 SP-01 Shadow. The new Shadow 2 is a different story since it has Shadow 2 plastered across the side like a billboard.
    Damn technicalities ( AKA MSP nit picking)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Are you guys going with the polycoat (black grips) or nitride (blue grips) finish?

The blue grip version seems pretty hard to find but there are a few places with the black grips in stock. The best price I've found is around $1275 shipped.

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Are you guys going with the polycoat (black grips) or nitride (blue grips) finish?

The blue grip version seems pretty hard to find but there are a few places with the black grips in stock. The best price I've found is around $1275 shipped.

Just go polycoat. I fondled my S2 at the FFL on Thursday. It went up to MSP yesterday to make the April meeting cutoff. It's awesome. The finish looks great (better than my S1).

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    RLTrI18.jpg

I need this.

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Bad news... The Shadow 2 didn't make the agenda for the April 20 meeting. I talked to Marlene this morning. She apologized and said that forensics got backed up and didn't get the gun fired in time to get on the agenda.

It'll be on the agenda for sure for the June meeting. This means it'll be mid August before we can submit a 77r to transfer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad news... The Shadow 2 didn't make the agenda for the April 20 meeting. I talked to Marlene this morning. She apologized and send that forensics got backed up and didn't get the gun fired in time to get on the agenda.

It'll be on the agenda for sure for the June meeting. This means it'll be mid August before we can submit a 77r to transfer...

Now I'm curious what the criteria is for reviews of guns. What does shooting it tell them? If the noise is too loud for their precious ears then it is not approved?

jason.krywicki

Sep 8, 2007
    GB, MD
    Now I'm curious what the criteria is for reviews of guns. What does shooting it tell them? If the noise is too loud for their precious ears then it is not approved?

They need to make sure the safety works and it's not a Saturday night special... basically it's total crap.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

If it doesn't malfunction in one or two rounds it is fine.

I half way expected them to clean the sample I sent them...I was disappointed.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Bad news... The Shadow 2 didn't make the agenda for the April 20 meeting. I talked to Marlene this morning. She apologized and send that forensics got backed up and didn't get the gun fired in time to get on the agenda.

Wtf? Damn it. I got a great tax refund and put my name down for one at 2A Sales. Was very excited but now this?

Patience is not one if my virtues.

Guess I wouldn't switch guns until next season anyway but still...

mjschwartz74

Jan 31, 2016
    I know... it's total BS.

The SP-01 is approved. All other models, Tactical, Shadow, Target, Accushadow, and Shadow 2 are essentially the same. Like a car, the trim on each is different, but it's the same base model. I believe MSP is being overly conservative in their interpretation in the intent of the Handgun Roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Actually theShadow 2 is a totally new gun.
    But yes, the law is stupid. Any handgun from a big manufacturer should just be auto approved as it isn't ever going to fall into some "Saturday night special" category :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom