• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    not familiar

Pretty much as it sounds. Frames that are only 80% complete are not considered guns. You complete the other 20%, assemble the gun, no HQL, no FFL, no waiting.

Do a search on MDS for 80%. You will find lots of good info.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    We have flown men to the moon. We can make an electric car that costs 100k. Airplanes can fly for 19 hours in the air. We can shoot targets 1,000 yards away by looking through a piece of glass. We don't have the technology to change a thread title if we had to. LOL

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I am registered and vote Republican.
    I belong to this forum which I see now is the beginning to the my march for gun rights.

That's a start, but consider that less than 5% of people who own guns are a part of the NRA which is the largest gun rights organization.

People think nothing of plunking down $400 on a scope but won't give the NRA or another organization $25 to defend the right to use the gun it's on.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    That's a start, but consider that less than 5% of people who own guns are a part of the NRA which is the largest gun rights organization.

People think nothing of plunking down $400 on a scope but won't give the NRA or another organization $25 to defend the right to use the gun it's on.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Yep. I do my part as I have kids who own guns and 2 grandson who own guns. All in this state of Md.

NRA will not expend a lot of capital to defend Md against progressive agenda. :mad54:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Drive north with the window down. When your hear banjos or target shooting .... you're there:lol:

oOYm8Cq.gif

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cool !

Since earle9966 has a private range, we now have a 4-203 complient venue for the long delayed MDS OC BBQ .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I googled Whiteford . But your directions were off. Banjos and sounds of shooting leads you to Nanjemoy.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    My opinion: based on comments I see on this board and from talking to people I know, I would venture to guess that 95% of Marylanders do not have any clue how intrusive and onerous FSA2013 was. People on this board know but that's a small percentage of MD population as a whole. It's not until one of the uneducated tries to purchase something that they find out how truly effed up this state is. What really disheartens me is to see MGA going after even more restrictions. they will not be happy until all guns are gone from the state, and I am getting too old and too tired to fight.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Me personally, I've got a hunter safety cert, so I am exempt from the training portion of the HQL. I am still not doing it unless or until the MSI lawsuit against the HQL has run its course and the courts screw us (I am really hoping they come through for us though).

Until that time, the onky handguns I will own are those I've built. Which at least for now MD doesn't prevent you from constructing a firearm that is then classified as a handgun. Just either have to get an 80% or a receiver that is transfer as "other" and construct it as a handgun, which I've done with an AR receiver in to a 10.5" AR pistol. Because I can was mostly the reason I did.

I might take the jump on a Glock 80% at some point. If it weren't so darn much I'd actually really consider getting a 10/22 receiver and building a short barreled 10/22 charger with an MP5k like stock (sadly without forward grip, dang NFA. Though maybe I'd get a tax stamp for an AOW just so I could get a forward grip). Just rubs me the wrong way that a raw 10/22 receiver that can transfer as "other" is basically as much as a 10/22.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Im right down 165 in Jarrettsville. I have my own range here too, as do a lot of others around me. Weekends turn into a uh measuring contest to see who can make the most noise sometimes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

earle9966

Jan 29, 2017
    Whiteford, MD
    Im right down 165 in Jarrettsville. I have my own range here too, as do a lot of others around me. Weekends turn into a uh measuring contest to see who can make the most noise sometimes.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yup
    Kinda like that here too

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I hate the fact that we have to go thru so much to get our guns , and a criminal has little effort and little worry about being convicted of a gun crime . They get pleaded down , I wish I could move but it is not in the cards .
    Maybe one day I can get a 2nd home in West Virginia .....................

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My opinion: based on comments I see on this board and from talking to people I know, I would venture to guess that 95% of Marylanders do not have any clue how intrusive and onerous FSA2013 was. People on this board know but that's a small percentage of MD population as a whole. It's not until one of the uneducated tries to purchase something that they find out how truly effed up this state is. What really disheartens me is to see MGA going after even more restrictions. they will not be happy until all guns are gone from the state, and I am getting too old and too tired to fight.

Yes people are shocked when you explain the steps you have to go through to legally get a gun in Maryland. I always mention that this has stopped all illegal guns in the state then there is a short pause while it sinks in......then the reactions some actually laugh out loud.:sad20:

Cyndi59

So happy and proud now to be a resident of Virginia and exercise my right given to me by the Founding Fathers,I left the state of Maryland I lived all my life..hoping one day to go back when Maryland law changes.Just hopes I'm not making those I left behind feel badly.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    my next move (retirement) will likely be to WV or PA. After having lived 43 of my 46 years in MD. Sad.
    42 years in MD and now I live in WV. Go into a LGS and 15 minutes later you are out with the firearm. Not to mention permitless open and concealed carry.
    This is the way the founding fathers meant it to be.
    Not to mention I have my own range at the farm, steel targets for pistols, 500 yards for rifles.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    YES, it is a battle in MD, the stench from the Capital is far reaching, it is also infecting PA and WV...(if you troll the threads)...

Just by your experience is just that reason to give up, Make it Exhaustive, Confusing and Costly to deter you from completing the process of a Law Abiding Citizen.

But hopefully by the Virtue of being a Patriot and wanting to defend yourself and your Rights you achieve...

Thank You for your Support and Perseverance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom