• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    A couple of weeks ago on Gundeals.com I saw their ad for:
    1 x Bear Creek Arsenal BCA .223 / 5.56 NATO / .300 BLACKOUT BOLT CARRIER GROUP on sale for 1 day at $49.99 and even with the shipping and CC charges it came to $61.77 delivered. Notice that the description says nothing about it being side charging!

I placed my order and called last week to see why it had not been "fulfilled".

I was told by the manager(Middle Eastern) that they were waiting for a shipment and he would get mine out as soon as it got there.

Well, today it arrived at my home and I am not happy! They shipped me a side charging BCG without a handle and although it will function, I am not able to close the dust cover on an upper using this BCG.

I tried calling and they were closed early for the day so then I sent an email. In the email I requested that they pay for the return postage and ship the BCG that I ordered.

Since the only positive reviews that I have found are from people with Middle Eastern names and those from others are all negative, I suspect that I may be screwed. One option is to contact my bank and see if they can at least get my money back, but I am not sure that will be possible.

In case I get stuck with this thing I was wondering what other problems may come up if I use it in a standard AR upper and if anyone has milled one to allow for the dust cover to be closed?

In any event, I would caution everyone to be very cautious when ordering from an unknown vendor, especially this outfit.
    :mad54:

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    Sounds like you used a credit card, I'd contest the charge with your issuer. I've had good luck with that approach in the past. Maybe they'll stand behind their product and you'll get your refund. But contest the charge. They'll put the charge on hold until they (and you) sort out the issue.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Good Luck Nick, I have no experience with them but this makes me wonder how important the dust cover is. Most of my AR shooting in on the range and gun is cased or in the safe 90% of the time, no dust available. If normal dust stops operation of an AR, I'll think about switching platforms. I have one sitting in my shop, I make dust for a living! lol.

Complete sidetrack, sorry, Thanks for the warning and again good luck with this. They list the side charging version for double the price, I might be interested in it/yours :)
    I also would like to hear others views on what you could do with what you have.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    This BCG has the handle holes on both sides so it is ambidextrous but no notches for the forward assist and no cutout for the dust cover to close. I did check to make sure it functions with a rear charging upper so I know it will, it just isn't what I ordered. I must admit that Bear Creek Arsenal did a nice job on it. There is a tiny mark at the edge of the hole on the right side that looks like someone removed the handle. This makes me think that Mohammad or whatever his name is just grabbed what he had to fill my order and removed the handle before shipping it.

I am in the process of gathering parts for two 5.56 uppers and this was to be the second BCG.

As for what purpose the dust cover actually serves, well probably not a critical thing to have but if it is on the weapon, I want it to function. Call me a little OCD especially when it come to firearms.

I was considering at some point in the future doing an AR in 7.62 x 39 and side charging it so it would be visibly different from my 5.56s and operate like my SKS, but I am not sure if it is just a matter of switching the bolt in this BCG. If so, I may keep it for that and save the bolt as a spare. We had quite a few BCG issues with our M16s back in my day and always carried a spare for quick swaps in the field. I have had no problems at all with any of my ARs but things can happen.

The option to sell or trade is always there.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    So, I spent a little time on the phone this morning with the manager and he said that he would put the correct BCG in the mail right away and include a return shipping label for me to return the side charging BCG.

So perhaps I am not screwed and I don't want to sound like a bigot, but I keep getting the feeling that I am supporting terrorists with this purchase so it will probably be the last time I buy from them.

They are located in Flushing, Michigan and I know there is a large Muslim population and most have not assimilated to our laws and customs. I have also seen reports of "training facilities" in that area.

One of my good friends has lived near there most of his life and is planning to move because of the changes in the last 10 years.

Hopefully in a week or so I will have what I ordered originally and be done with them.

So, I spent a little time on the phone this morning with the manager and he said that he would put the correct BCG in the mail right away and include a return shipping label for me to return the side charging BCG.

So perhaps I am not screwed and I don't want to sound like a bigot, but I keep getting the feeling that I am supporting terrorists with this purchase so it will probably be the last time I buy from them.

They are located in Flushing, Michigan and I know there is a large Muslim population and most have not assimilated to our laws and customs. I have also seen reports of "training facilities" in that area.

One of my good friends has lived near there most of his life and is planning to move because of the changes in the last 10 years.

Hopefully in a week or so I will have what I ordered originally and be done with them.

Hmmmm

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I had a feeling that, "I don't want to sound like a bigot, but I keep getting the feeling that I am supporting terrorists with this purchase" would not go unpunished!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am sure the Feds are watching all the buying/selling ... who am I kidding they are not watching nothing , not even sure what they do except look for Russians .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Links and photos Nick. So you're saying you bought a BCG of unknown origin, possibly made in Durka-durka-stan for 60 skins and it wasn't what you expected.

At the very least, a BCG for $60 is a stab in the dark, so as to say "What the heck? It's probably a piece of junk. Lets see..." and when it turned out to be a POS, you're upset.

There's a moral to this story, somewhere...

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Links and photos Nick. So you're saying you bought a BCG of unknown origin, possibly made in Durka-durka-stan for 60 skins and it wasn't what you expected.

At the very least, a BCG for $60 is a stab in the dark, so as to say "What the heck? It's probably a piece of junk. Lets see..." and when it turned out to be a POS, you're upset.

There's a moral to this story, somewhere...

Hey when you find it come find me, I’ll be over in the 2A area reading some of the mole post on what they think we need to give up.:innocent0

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Darn it! Another list!!
    Actually the BCG was actually very nice if it had been what I needed. I did not want the more expensive ambi side charger.
    I got a tracking number for the replacement earlier today.
    At least he is responding to my problem as any reputable place would. Perhaps he's an honest terrorist!? After all I was wrong once, but I divorced her long ago. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom