"Democrats pull plug on gun, ammo bans" IS IT TRUE???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    How will Chicago ever be safe?

I hope they pulled the plug.... I think the protesters and strong 2A support more or less yanked it out of the socket really. We need to do the same.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    There was probably counter-protests by thugs and felons in favor of disarming law abiding people. Once the Dem legislators saw the orange jump suits and black ski masks they reconsidered ... :lol2:

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Hopefully we (Maryland) are ballsy enough to make a stand without making a mess or too much trouble. I wouldnt imagine someone telling me I cant have things/objects to protect my fam or participate in sporting events

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This is both good and bad for us here. While yes, the precedent is nice, it will also mean the Brady Bunch will be even more desperate to show some results to their donor pool, and will have some resources freed up from what they were working on in Illinois. And Maryland is probably the most likely state for them to get an AWB passed, I really doubt the one in Vermont will get far. This may mean even more anti-gun money and efforts flowing into MD this legislative season.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Loony Maryland

This is both good and bad for us here. While yes, the precedent is nice, it will also mean the Brady Bunch will be even more desperate to show some results to their donor pool, and will have some resources freed up from what they were working on in Illinois. And Maryland is probably the most likely state for them to get an AWB passed, I really doubt the one in Vermont will get far. This may mean even more anti-gun money and efforts flowing into MD this legislative season.

**** +1 on above. Maryland was the first state to pass gay marriage through a majority of votes as opposed to judicial fiat as in other states, and has a huge liberal base of support in the cities that *hate* guns, loves illegals, and bigger government. We have not been hit as hard by the recession due to our proximity to D.C., and the sheer number of government workers, and contractors, etc.. Martin O'Malley has been very effective in being the quintessential tax and spend liberal who would like nothing more than to add major new gun control legislation to his national aspirations in addition to his recent victory on gay marriage which he promised to deliver to the national dialogue.

I am not optimistic that my fellow MD residents will side with the 2nd amendment. People want to feel safe and the media has been effective in convincing a large segment of the population that calling the police when intruders are breaking into your home to harm you and your family will somehow be effective over calling the police AND having the option of using firearms to defend yourself and loved one's if there is an imminent threat.

The AWB thing is just noise: just an incremental step in legislation at an opportune time towards more regulation, registration, and eventual taxation or confiscation of ALL guns. Believe it.

Catch-This-22

Dec 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury had some .223 and 5.56 in stock today. I picked up 40 rounds of hollowpoint .223 for varminty hunting purposes. Still no 5.7 x 28 in stock though.

I am just looking for cheap ammo and brass. Looking for some around .45 cents and not 1.00! I purchased some at MSAR today at .75 cents a round. Bought 200...its the best I could find for now.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Since this already being discussed elsewhere, let's continue in the existing thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom