• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    The whole CCW process and how MSP words their restrictions is awful! I received my id and it says while conducting business as a "job title" for "company name". That whole statement is open for interpretation. The Fed job I support is 24/7...am I covered as long as I'm an employee because I don't conduct business outside of the building I'm in? It's not like I can take the firearm in the office so it makes no sense. Now I have to take time and hopefully get this removed by HPRB. What a waste of tax payers money. Not to mention the folks at MSP has attitudes and seem irritated if you call to get clarification.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    sounds like the wording is there to intentionally get you tripped up. it forces you to start explaining to a police officer why and what you are doing, he's going to have a lot of questions. and if you ever go to court, that's going to be a mess trying to persuade people you were within the letter of your restriction. yep, that's a mess!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They don't know when you would be outside your restrictions , and that is the problem . The whole problem comes in when one officer would be okay you carrying at 8 pm and one officer would throw cuffs on you .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It's all part of the game they play with our civil rights. When is being "on the job" not "on the job?" Your guess is as good as the arresting officer's. :sad20:

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Did your application state that you conduct 24/7 business? If so, at least there is a legal trail that you disclosed this and that the MSP approved your application based on that information.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It is the only permit i have where i am not sure if i am breaking the law , i may go out the door for a personal reason and end up at my shop for a alarm call or a customer call .

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    so they don't give the same restrictions to people in the same category? with this logic, aren't they just making things up, how is this enforceable by law?

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    Yes...the letter provided by my security manager indicated I support a 24x7 operation and I'm expected to support nights and weekends

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    The whole CCW process and how MSP words their restrictions is awful! I received my id and it says while conducting business as a "job title" for "company name". That whole statement is open for interpretation. The Fed job I support is 24/7...am I covered as long as I'm an employee because I don't conduct business outside of the building I'm in? It's not like I can take the firearm in the office so it makes no sense. Now I have to take time and hopefully get this removed by HPRB. What a waste of tax payers money. Not to mention the folks at MSP has attitudes and seem irritated if you call to get clarification.

LOL wut??

What is this Federal job of yours that justifies you carrying a gun, writes letters to MSP justifying you carrying a gun, but simultaneously prohibits you from carrying a gun?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    LOL wut??

What is this Federal job of yours that justifies you carrying a gun, writes letters to MSP justifying you carrying a gun, but simultaneously prohibits you from carrying a gun?

People with clearances can get permits to carry in thier off hours. The restrictions usually read "while employed with XXX agancy" or similar, never heard of a "while conducting business" restriction for a clearance based permit.

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    It's really confusing. I'm waiting for a state trooper to call me so I can get some type of clarification. I'm going to try and get the restriction removed. Does anyone know how that process goes. Links or steps I need to take so I can get schedules with HPRB? Thanks

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    It's really confusing. I'm waiting for a state trooper to call me so I can get some type of clarification. I'm going to try and get the restriction removed. Does anyone know how that process goes. Links or steps I need to take so I can get schedules with HPRB? Thanks

You must IMHO go to a couple HPRB hearings in Crownsville , that is the only way you will gain knowledge in your specific case .

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    It says I only have 10 days to appeal. The HPRB site wasn't working for me unless it's my browser at work. Is there a address or email address I can send a letter requesting a review?

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    I've been trying to call MSI for the past several days...left v-messages but can't get in touch with anyone...so any info I can get from here would be appreciated.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I've been trying to call MSI for the past several days...left v-messages but can't get in touch with anyone...so any info I can get from here would be appreciated.

You have (should) to join the groups like NRA - MSI , it helps in getting facts and information .

By being a member of these groups you can go into the forums, websites and then get information . :thumbsup:

jep3242

Jun 18, 2018
    I'm a member of both and tried searching in the forums b y key words like "restriction" but only a couple of things come up but doesn't really give you any pertinent info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom