• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Sorry to hear the show was disappointing for some.
    I make a real effort to go to the smaller shows, esp. the HOCO show because it's about 10 minutes from where I live and I'd like to keep seeing gun shows at liberal ground zero. But I usually don't buy at the smaller shows as my collection is pretty well fleshed out by now.

I do enjoy meeting & talking to the vendors as I always learn something. Heck, I usually run into someone I know there and it makes the show worth it for that reason. I guess if we don't visit the smaller shows they'll just go away.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Sorry to hear the show was disappointing for some.
    I make a real effort to go to the smaller shows, esp. the HOCO show because it's about 10 minutes from where I live and I'd like to keep seeing gun shows at liberal ground zero. But I usually don't buy at the smaller shows as my collection is pretty well fleshed out by now.

I do enjoy meeting & talking to the vendors as I always learn something. Heck, I usually run into someone I know there and it makes the show worth it for that reason. I guess if we don't visit the smaller shows they'll just go away.

If the dealers don't put good product out there and overprice worn out, used stuff, it is kind of on them if the shows do not attract enough people to stay viable. Sad!

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I went twice, Saturday and Sunday and I found good deals both days! Saturday I got 150 rounds of 38 special for $30 and 250 rounds of 357 mag for $60 from TomKat Ammo, seen some good deals on some lever action rifles, one I wish I had jumped on. Went back today to purchase a S&W 64 from Brian at SCSG for a good price. My dad found some books that he found interesting, one about Esn. George Gay from the WWII Midway campaign and he found out later that it is a autographed copy! And I found a set of Ruger scope rings for my Super Redhawk for $5 that I missed yesterday. So I think there was deals to be found, you just have to look for them!

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Howard County main library had a autographed copy of Ensign Gay's memoir in the stacks 10 or 15 years ago. I thought about "losing it". I would have gladly paid for it. Sometimes it sucks to be honest but i sleep at nights.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Amazing book. Can you imagine bobbing around in the Pacific ocean watching the rest of the Battle of Midway surrounded by the Japanese fleet? Sole survivor from that squadron. (I hope I'm not giving too much of the story away)

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Yeah I’ve seen the movie “Midway” multiple times so no I couldn’t imagine bobbing around like that! My dad served in the Navy in the mid fifties on a DE and he was in the Atlantic Ocean area. One of his stories he’s told me was the time they were painting the ships hull at sea and him and another sailor was on a scaffold that failed and they both ended up in the Atlantic. Said he has never been so cold!

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I picked up some kinda bastardized Brazilian Model 1908 carbine for a decent price. No clue exactly WHAT it is, but it's got a good barrel and slick bolt so it's enough for me.

Oh, and South Carrol can hold onto my bore light for a bit. Forgot it on their table.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I picked up some kinda bastardized Brazilian Model 1908 carbine for a decent price. No clue exactly WHAT it is, but it's got a good barrel and slick bolt so it's enough for me.

Oh, and South Carrol can hold onto my bore light for a bit. Forgot it on their table.

Was that you that was telling me about your experience with a 1903a3 being too short? When I walked away a seen a bore light by the rifles!

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Was that you that was telling me about your experience with a 1903a3 being too short? When I walked away a seen a bore light by the rifles!

Yep, that was me. I can be forgetful at times. I once left my license at an FFL after a transfer! Well, it's not a huge deal but it's a reminder I need to keep a minder near me to poke me about forgetting things.

And a 1903A3 was too short for me. I have long arms for my height so I prefer a longer length of pull.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

Don't fret, we have it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    If the dealers don't put good product out there and overprice worn out, used stuff, it is kind of on them if the shows do not attract enough people to stay viable. Sad!

Yeah indeed. 80% junk IMHO. Somehow I just don't get off on the racks and racks of used worn out lever action 30-30's. Oh yeah and the NC Star optics are a real treat. I've also walked by the mil-surp tables with web gear that was so moldy it messed up my sinuses for an entire day.

Still, I go.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I got because, often enough, I find something a dealer overlooked or a private seller that has a good or low price. Generally though, 80% is junk and these dealers need to learn that to move product you have to know the market and it's price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom