• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    See, there is thing called "break time" where I get to leave my work station and once again have access to personal comms, among other things.

I don't know where you think you're "calling me out" considering you wanted to know who was making "HBAR" marked barrels. I've given you example of who does, who doesn't, and who will if so requested. Uh oh, hang on.... more "BS" flying in....

John Perez of Black Hole Weaponry says, "We do not charge for laser engraving on the front of barrel going to Maryland. Our standard profile is actually heavier than what the rest of the industry would call HBAR. (Look out, here it comes!) We will put HBAR on a standard, semi-bull or bull barrel."

Nancy at Hardened Arms replied, "Our 5.56 HBAR barrels are marked...." So I'm taking it from her that they already mark them these days but as she stated further in her response, "...We have yet to switch over everything to accommodate every new law in every state."

You say I posted the only two know options. I think I've demonstrated there are more options out there. If anything, you could just ask them to engrave it or barring that, have a local shop do it.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    See, there is thing called "break time" where I get to leave my work station and once again have access to personal comms, among other things.

I don't know where you think you're "calling me out" considering you wanted to know who was making "HBAR" marked barrels. I've given you example of who does, who doesn't, and who will if so requested. Uh oh, hang on.... more "BS" flying in....

John Perez of Black Hole Weaponry says, "We do not charge for laser engraving on the front of barrel going to Maryland. Our standard profile is actually heavier than what the rest of the industry would call HBAR. (Look out, here it comes!) We will put HBAR on a standard, semi-bull or bull barrel."

Nancy at Hardened Arms replied, "Our 5.56 HBAR barrels are marked...." So I'm taking it from her that they already mark them these days but as she stated further in her response, "...We have yet to switch over everything to accommodate every new law in every state."

You say I posted the only two know options. I think I've demonstrated there are more options out there. If anything, you could just ask them to engrave it or barring that, have a local shop do it.

Scary busy...so busy I don't know how you get any free time.

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    I appreciate everyone's efforts here.

The whole premise here was for me to teach my kids to build and understand the mechanics of the Ar platform.. Also for them to be able to inherit ARs for themselves once I am dead and gone before they are completely banned in Md. We all know Md likes banning things as well "over-reaching) when it comes to law.

...now with all that said, Id rather it stamped or engraved so when I am gone, its 1 less thing for my kids to worry about if an officer was to look it over and making it less likely they would get grief.

I'm not as worried about my current 3 AR builds having it stamped as long as its HBAR.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The guidance is created in consultation with Frosh's office. Hope you are not dumb enough to don't believe they just make this up out of whole cloth without consulting state prosecutors.

You are free to argue to a judge and jury whatever you want, but the fact is, both will put enormous weight on MSP guidance.

Okay, I'm not trying to start a third parallel argument here, but don't these two sentences appear a little circle-jerkish?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Okay, I'm not trying to start a third parallel argument here, but don't these two sentences appear a little circle-jerkish?

Possibly but let me reframe it. On a public forum, which everyone reads, and which some people even read out loud on a ##### Podcast, cough cough, Nothing good happens from encouraging people to color outside the lines. Marked or advertised as heavy barrel. Thats the story and we should all stick to it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Possibly but let me reframe it. On a public forum, which everyone reads, and which some people even read out loud on a ##### Podcast, cough cough, Nothing good happens from encouraging people to color outside the lines. Marked or advertised as heavy barrel. Thats the story and we should all stick to it.
    Understandably. But I don't think anyone was. I think they were merely trying to separate fact from fiction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    So lemme get this straight.

I simply and honestly offered another trigger option and that's "stirring the pot"? Just wanna make sure I'm clear on that.

I get someone else "calling my BS" and I comply w/ the request for additional sources for HBAR marked barrels, which I would think everyone would want to know just in case, and then when my efforts for that are critiqued and I respond to it, I'm "stirring the pot" again?

Just want to be clear on that!

Also, Both DS Arms and Spinta Precision say the same thing. They don't have "HBAR" marked barrels, but they can engrave them as such if so desired.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Understandably. But I don't think anyone was. I think they were merely trying to separate fact from fiction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Facts? On the internet? The real answer is that if you ask 12 different people you will get 36 different answers. The only opinion that counts is that of an appellate judge, and to find that out you need to be tried and convicted. Who is going first? MSP guidance may or may not be the law, or the next administration may change its mind or rewrite the memo relating to copies of firearms and we are all felons. But MSP rule is still the safest play.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    So lemme get this straight.

I simply and honestly offered another trigger option and that's "stirring the pot"? Just wanna make sure I'm clear on that.

I get someone else "calling my BS" and I comply w/ the request for additional sources for HBAR marked barrels, which I would think everyone would want to know just in case, and then when my efforts for that are critiqued and I respond to it, I'm "stirring the pot" again?

Just want to be clear on that!

Also, Both DS Arms and Spinta Precision say the same thing. They don't have "HBAR" marked barrels, but they can engrave them as such if so desired.

So many words...so little time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Facts? On the internet? The real answer is that if you ask 12 different people you will get 36 different answers. The only opinion that counts is that of an appellate judge, and to find that out you need to be tried and convicted. Who is going first? MSP guidance may or may not be the law, or the next administration may change its mind or rewrite the memo relating to copies of firearms and we are all felons. But MSP rule is still the safest play.

But waffling between the AG and MSP for answers goes nowhere. HAS ANYONE FALLEN INTO THIS "TRAP" YET?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The guidance is created in consultation with Frosh's office. Hope you are not dumb enough to believe they just make this up out of whole cloth without consulting state prosecutors.

You are free to argue to a judge and jury whatever you want, but the fact is, both will put enormous weight on MSP guidance.

An you just proved the kind of person you are. Effin 13'ers, I swear are just as bad as the 16'ers and the 18'ers.

I'll make this easy for you. There are only 2 banned barrel profiles. Pencil and the tapered under the handguard. Beyond that, all other profiles are legal. If you look at what barrel profiles were put on the 77r with the AR, you will see that it is true.

Let's go over the visuals, shall we?

Banned first.

Pencil profile.

barrel-profile-mag-tactical.jpg

Government profile on top (banned) and pencil on the bottom (banned).

barrel-voodoo-profile-comparison.jpg

Government profile (banned)

babl556010m-14-5-inch-556-gov-cmv-barrel-1__03132.1483567382.jpg

Not banned.

Faxon Gunner series, with this profile.

15BW8M14NGQ-5R-NP3-002__38677.1505836185.jpg

Faxon variable depth heavy fluted profile, but the profile is considered heavy.

15BW8M16LMQ-5R-NP3-002__92826.1497640698.jpg

Faxon heavy fluted.

15BW8M16FHQ-5R-NP3-001__16020.1497459835.jpg

Bear Creek Arsenal bull barrel.

b223wrbb2419m-webmain.jpg

JSA Surplus bull barrel, in case the BCA doesn't show up.

BAR20WAB8SFNS.jpg

With the above information now out there, you can see that MSP is using their "guidance" as a way to limit what we could buy originally, because very few manufacturers at the time would mark a barrel as HBAR.

As for convincing a jury of my peers or a judge that I am right, I just proved you wrong on barrel profiles, by utilizing the criteria of the 77r, before 2013.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    An you just proved the kind of person you are. Effin 13'ers, I swear are just as bad as the 16'ers and the 18'ers.

I'll make this easy for you. There are only 2 banned barrel profiles. Pencil and the tapered under the handguard. Beyond that, all other profiles are legal. If you look at what barrel profiles were put on the 77r with the AR, you will see that it is true.

Let's go over the visuals, shall we?

Faxon, JSE, and BCA sell barrels advertised as heavy barrels or Hbar. Great!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Faxon, JSE, and BCA sell barrels advertised as heavy barrels or Hbar. Great!
    My point is that you don't have to have it marked. All you have to do is show how the ones listed above are marketed or marketed as HBAR, therefore if you have one of the above profiles, it is legal.

Enjoy the BGOS. I won't be enjoying the BGOS, because I know what can be done legally, with their "guidance" and the law to back me up.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    My point is that you don't have to have it marked. All you have to do is show how the ones listed above are marketed or marketed as HBAR, therefore if you have one of the above profiles, it is legal.

Enjoy the BGOS. I won't be enjoying the BGOS, because I know what can be done legally, with their "guidance" and the law to back me up.

The bold is exactly what I originally said. See #21

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    The bold is exactly what I originally said. See #21
    Focusing on only what you want to hear makes you tone deaf. It doesn't have to be marketed or marked as HBAR. If one company markets a government profile barrel as hbar and you have proof of that, you can use any other government profile barrel that isn't marketed or marked as HBAR. It is now at the point that their "guidance" to restrict us, has backfired. Get over it. We are only prevented from 2 profiles, under the law and their "guidance". But then again you didn't call me out for the Faxon Gunner profile, so that logically says you know what I am saying is true, and you feel like trolling the community and/ or giving bad information.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Focusing on only what you want to hear makes you tone deaf. It doesn't have to be marketed or marked as HBAR. If one company markets a government profile barrel as hbar and you have proof of that, you can use any other government profile barrel that isn't marketed or marked as HBAR. It is now at the point that their "guidance" to restrict us, has backfired. Get over it. We are only prevented from 2 profiles, under the law and their "guidance". But then again you didn't call me out for the Faxon Gunner profile, so that logically says you know what I am saying is true, and you feel like trolling the community and/ or giving bad information.

Option A: tell the court I followed MSP guidelines

Option B: tell the court random person DaemonAssassin on the internet told me its true.

Shocking I know, assertions on the internet are not admissible in court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom