• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Having trouble with my build and looking for some advice. Seems like the slide isn’t going all the way to rear which is causing extradition issues and double feeds on occasion. I will say when it works I shoot it a lot more accurately than my Glock 19 Gen 4
    75062abd861711f997865f50be5bae71.jpg
    3a2b07abd26cee337d4c72b329f13aeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Looks like quite a bit of rubbing between the barrel and the slide that may be contributing to the problem. You may want to do some work on that to properly fit the barrel to your slide. Some drop right in and some need some fitting.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Glock OEM upper parts kit on a Brownells RMR cut slide. Barrel is Lone Wolf. I’ll do a little polishing and see if that works

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Midway puts the parts for Glock builds on sale almost every month.

I recommend using the Glock OEM parts kits if you want you build to be 100% reliable in a fight.

I installed a Wolff competition spring kit in my first build and had problems with FTF almost immediately for light primer strikes. Put the OEM springs in and haven't had a single problem since. Glocks are not supposed to be target pistols!

I know you posted awhile ago, but an issue my 1.5 had with the gen 3 ejector is brass to the face. It appears to be a not rare issue for gen 3 Glocks and is because the ejector has such a sharp tip to it. I replaced with with a gen 4 ejector and now everything gets kicked to my 3-4 o’clock.

I am working through some other issues. Originally I had installed the striker channel liner backwards and the take down backwards. It would light strike every other round. Figured out the take down and flipped it and it went to 1 light strike in 5 rounds, brass to the face and some failures to go in to battery fully.

Figured out the channel liner. Then it was a light strike in 15 rounds and some failures to fully lock in to battery and a lot of brass to the face.

Last visit was the new ejector, no brass to the face. 3 failures to fully go in to battery and 1 light strike out of 80 rounds.

More investigating and I think the barrel hood and slide are just a tiny bit too tight. If I racked it back just barely far enough to pick up a round and released the slide it’ll lock open slightly. Some work with 150, then 220 grit sand paper and then about an hour with JB polishing compound and working the slide and it goes in to battery fully every time if the slide is pulled back enough to pick up a round. It still won’t if I ride the slide forward all the way, but only if it is picking up a round. Chamber empty and riding the slide it’ll lock in to battery every time.

I am looking forward to this next range trip as I feel like I may have FINALLY solved all of the issues with my 1.5 build.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Glock OEM upper parts kit on a Brownells RMR cut slide. Barrel is Lone Wolf. I’ll do a little polishing and see if that works

My 40-9 lone wolf covversion barrel needed a lighter spring to work flawlessly. I went one lighter. They have tight chambers too.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have seen posts about some experiencing brass to the face because of the ejectors. I have been using a brass catcher so I am not really sure which direction my brass is heading on either of my builds. That will be something to check the next time I take them to the range.

@ lazarus - Glad you seem to be getting things worked out on yours. Even on some of the sites that sell barrels, they have a disclaimer posted that says some fitting may be required. In most cases, everything fits and functions properly with no modification. Then there are some that need a little tweaking and turn out to be very reliable. I am sure you will get it dialed in.

Solving problems is half the fun of building!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have seen posts about some experiencing brass to the face because of the ejectors. I have been using a brass catcher so I am not really sure which direction my brass is heading on either of my builds. That will be something to check the next time I take them to the range.

@ lazarus - Glad you seem to be getting things worked out on yours. Even on some of the sites that sell barrels, they have a disclaimer posted that says some fitting may be required. In most cases, everything fits and functions properly with no modification. Then there are some that need a little tweaking and turn out to be very reliable. I am sure you will get it dialed in.

Solving problems is half the fun of building!

Yeah, I don’t mind it much. I love working on guns and problem solving. I’ll be frustrated if I can never get it running reliably. But I am not there yet.

Yeah the gen 4 ejector worked perfectly. It’s all kicked out at between 2:30-3:30 maybe 4-5 feet to the side (plus some rolling). So just gotta wear in the barrel hood and slide connection. Or maybe I have now? I’ll see when I can get to the range again. Sometime after Memorial Day.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have noticed that Magpul mags seemed on the tight side in my 940C magwell. No problem inserting them, but they didn't always drop free without a bit of a shake. Factory Glock mags don't have the same problem. Not a big deal for me, since I practice (rifle and pistol) with the expectation that my magazines will not always drop free unaided, but something to be aware of.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have only used Glock 17 round mags. Not a single problem from any of them. They go in easily, lock positively, hold open on the last round, and drop free when released.

Since my builds seemed finicky about only working reliably with Glock OEM parts, I see no reason to skimp on mags. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I have had success with factory Glock 10 and 17 round mags, Magpul 17s, and with the Korean 31's in my 940v2. No issues inserting, feeding, or ejecting. I did install an extended mag release because I'm an old fart, that might offset some of the issues reported here and elsewhere.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Thanks for all the information about what mags work, but for the second question, which gen mags. I see Gen 4 and Gen 5 listed. Does it really matter?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks for all the information about what mags work, but for the second question, which gen mags. I see Gen 4 and Gen 5 listed. Does it really matter?

It shouldn’t. I’ve used very early 17/19 mags in mine with no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom