• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Come and check out some guns, talk 2A, and be amongst like-minded folks :)

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    It's worth it. You get to look and touch a lot of guns all in one place. Much better than traveling to 30 different gun shops.

You also get to talk to a lot of people about guns. Good times.

There is much truth in the "talking to people". I end up talking to my "gun buddies" and missing out on some good deals every show! Saturday I will be ruthless and ignore the gun buddies, at least for the first round. :)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    There is much truth in the "talking to people". I end up talking to my "gun buddies" and missing out on some good deals every show! Saturday I will be ruthless and ignore the gun buddies, at least for the first round. :)

any idea what you are looking for?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I have not gone to a gun show before. Is it generally worth the time even if you don't buy anything? Are there demonstrations (obviously not shooting) or other things to check out?

It is not educational as compared to a model train show, where there are demonstrations related to the hobby. However that doesn't mean you can't learn something by asking questions, which you should do.

It's also a chance to fondle guns that may not be in your local gun store. What looks good in a magazine or on Youtube, may not feel good in your hand.

Deals on ammo are harder to find in recent years. It's easier to find a carton of 22 that was on sale at Dicks last month for $25 marked up to 50 or 60.

There is always some stuff very collectible and priced for the collectors, but it is fun to look at.

You might find stuff that you actually need like decaping pins or patches that are actually cheaper than you can buy online with shipping.

Don't expect any outrageously underpriced stuff.

Brown016

Mar 28, 2016
    It's also a chance to fondle guns that may not be in your local gun store. What looks good in a magazine or on Youtube, may not feel good in your hand.

I will attend to fondle, then.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I will attend to fondle, then.

:thumbsup: Timonium is not what it used to be, but it's not bad for your first show. While most guns absolutely are there for your fondling pleasure, it is always good etiquette to ask before you touch.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have not gone to a gun show before. Is it generally worth the time even if you don't buy anything? Are there demonstrations (obviously not shooting) or other things to check out?

Well you've missed the years of the good gun shows. Nowadays more flea market junk then guns or 50/50. Good deals are far and few between but always possible to stumble across. The prices on new guns are usually higher than in a shop.
    The upside is that you can see a lot of guns and accessories in one stop. And you just may stumble on a private seller with some older guns that you don't normally see. Timonium is one of the worst but you can get your feet wet and then go to York, Harrisburg, The Oaks and Chantilly which are a LOT better. Howard county has always been a pretty good show. No demonstrations usually but a good place to meet a handful of dealers and check them out. Sometimes, some very good ammo deals.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have found over the years that going to a gun show is what you make of it. Don't go into it thinking you're going to get the deal of the century. Just walk around. Don't rush, talk to the dealers that have the time. Don't try to talk to them when they're busy.

Watch for the rip offs. You will find some vendors of accessories selling for much more than you can find the item elsewhere. In my day, the food at the show was good. I wouldn't say the food there now is even palatable.

If the lady is there roasting her nuts, I would suggest buying a bag or two.

And lastly, if you're wanting to buy a firearm there, please be knowledgeable. You can find yourself going home with something that you may not want to shoot or in fact be dangerous to shoot. Know your product, regardless of what it is. This will make your day much more enjoyable.

Have a great time!

Brown016

Mar 28, 2016
    Probably not buying anything...I'm going to stick to fondling and then roll out. I am not a big fan of crowded spaces and I am sure that the fairgrounds will be packed and uncomfortable.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Probably not buying anything...I'm going to stick to fondling and then roll out. I am not a big fan of crowded spaces and I am sure that the fairgrounds will be packed and uncomfortable.

No, it's not uncomfortable. You may find a lot of people there or you may not. I would not go in the morning if you don't like crowds. Saturday morning is the busiest time.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I will NOT be attending this show... :mad54:

:lol:
    Had ya goin fer a minute dair...
    :innocent0
    I will be in Georgia, moving my step daughters things back from college for the summer... So I will miss this one. :shrug: Y'all have a blast and save me a couple good deals while yer attit. :party29:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    RD have a safe and productive trip.
    I'll try to save ya some deals for next time.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Why aren't gun shows more informative or demonstrative? reloading demo, shamwow guy, shoot the star out with an air rifle? bring the kids, free balloons, enjoy our heritage, attract the crowds stuff. The kydex guy is always crowded and busy! Segway rentals? Ammo guys have expanded rounds to display. I don't even hear the stun guns going off anymore. Then again this is MD.

I might be there Sat am. :)

tjohn55

LDO for CNO!
    Jan 13, 2016
    Willards, MD
    Transfers

Are there usually FFL's there that will perform transfers and/or purchase used weapons. I have three I'd like to sell to fund another Sig. Thanks!
    tj

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Well you've missed the years of the good gun shows. Nowadays more flea market junk then guns or 50/50. Good deals are far and few between but always possible to stumble across. The prices on new guns are usually higher than in a shop.
    The upside is that you can see a lot of guns and accessories in one stop. And you just may stumble on a private seller with some older guns that you don't normally see. Timonium is one of the worst but you can get your feet wet and then go to York, Harrisburg, The Oaks and Chantilly which are a LOT better. Howard county has always been a pretty good show. No demonstrations usually but a good place to meet a handful of dealers and check them out. Sometimes, some very good ammo deals.

^^^ THIS. Not a bad strategy.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    For the good of the forum: This subject comes up with every Timonium Gun Show thread...

We have IPs and members here who sell at... and work this show...

Discouraging participation does much to hurt those IPs and members...

If folks don't want to attend ... Fine... DON'T GO :shrug:

But don't sh!t on those who work there by telling others to avoid it. It's not fair to them. :sad20:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    For the good of the forum: This subject comes up with every Timonium Gun Show thread...

We have IPs and members here who sell at... and work this show...

Discouraging participation does much to hurt those IPs and members...

If folks don't want to attend ... Fine... DON'T GO :shrug:

But don't sh!t on those who work there by telling others to avoid it. It's not fair to them. :sad20:

Good point but in all fairness I did have one vendor post that I paid more than I needed to by buying from them at a "gun show". Yes they are an IP.
    I am truly surprised about how many people I talk to at gun shows who have never even heard of MDS ... therefore not knowing good or bad comments. No offense meant, just wanted my true and documented story posted ... since you brought it up.
    Good luck to vendors and visitors alike :)
    Very happy with my purchase which gave me my second moa rifle, if I learn how to shoot the darn thing it might be better :D

raif10

Apr 6, 2013

Some guy on reddit said it best:

• $250 mosins
    • Overpriced AR kits
    • Chinese AR parts
    • Beef jerky
    • Toy helicopters
    • Fake Nazi stuff
    • Tactical vests
    • Tactical cell phone tasers
    • Toy cars
    • Knives
    • Swords
    • Throwing stars
    • Backpacks
    • Ammo cans
    • Tons of UTG crap
    • A box of screws
    • A sporterized Mosin for $800
    • Powder at $45 a pound
    • More Nazi stuff
    • Shitty hot dogs
    • Surplus M2 ball for $1.20 a round
    • Bricks of .22lr for $55
    • Prepper stuff
    • Cases for guns
    • A crate of overpriced mosins
    • 8,000 Navy SEALs who personally shot Bin Laden
    • Pattons M1
    • A shitty GI 1911 that is rusted shut for $5,000
    • Beef jerky (again)
    • Protein supplements
    • 26 lb AR-15s that come equipped with tactical Magic Bullet BlenderTM
    • A table with a gun you actually want, but can't buy because the dude who runs it is at lunch and his wife says he will be back in "just minute" after you've already waited half an hour
    • Police shit
    • SWAT wannabees
    • Some guy selling reflective spray shit to put on your license plate so you won't get caught by a speed camera
    • Mag loaders because loading an AR magazine 1 round at a time is unacceptable
    • Chicom SKS for $550
    • Bin 'o parts (random bolts and a rusted to hell Arisaka receiver)
    • Holsters
    • Holsters
    • Holsters
    • Some hot girl standing next to the table of camo shirts
    • Political stickers
    • NRA booth
    • Anti-Obama hats
    • Taser booth that keeps making all that ****ing noise
    • People who say that Sig you just bought is absolute shit because its not a 1911
    • Ferimone Pheromone spray for deer and those waskly wabbits
    • Muskets???
    • Fake civil war stuff
    • Hot girls next to ammo cans
    • Her dad, upset when you yell to her "Nice cans!"
    • Black powder stuff
    • Table with fuses and shit to make explosives
    • Are those fireworks?
    • ****ing taser noises again
    • Slings
    • More overpriced ammo
    • Free jerky samples yum
    • BB guns
    • Paintball crap
    • More Nazi shit
    • Coins
    • Old money
    • Bayonets
    • Competitively priced ammo cans
    • Inclement weather gear
    • Tactical things
    • That Barrett you will never afford
    • Dummy ammo
    • Clips clips clips
    • A lost child
    • A frantic baby mamma
    • An unimpressed dad
    • CCW badges
    • 1911 T-shirts
    • A 10/22 that looks like Optimus Prime
    • Old paper money
    • Shitty books with no pictures
    • Shitty books with some pictures
    • That guy trying to sell you .22lr at $70 for a federal 550 value pack telling you to buy it now because the government is creating an artificial shortage
    • A dvd bashing the Federal Reserve
    • Paper targets that are fairly priced and you actually buy some
    • That gun you thought about buying, but aren't going to buy because you can get it on the internet for $200 cheaper
    • Tactical sunglasses
    • That knife that the man running the table is trying to sell you because "It's the same knife I used when I was in the corps" (stamped - Made in China)
    • Is that table really selling fanny packs?
    • Cowboy stuff
    • WWII stuff
    • WWI stuff
    • Old military helmets
    • New kevlar helmets that your SO would kill you over if you actually bought it
    • Body armor that looks pretty neat
    • Some can of spray stuff to waterproof your phone
    • A guy carrying around a Winchester 69A in pretty decent shape and you buy it for a song
    • Theres that lost kid again
    • More holsters
    • That nice guy who sold you some clips for you Garand at the last show and cuts you a deal for more since he remembers you, and you both had a nice chat
    • Remote controlled cars
    • 8mm mauser that you used to be able to get for 25 cents a round
    • Cans of X54r for $100 which isn't a horrible deal once you think about it
    • That table of over priced AK's
    • Pickels
    • Machine guns that you want to touch, but theres a sign saying "Do Not Touch!!"
    • The magpul area where all of their tables/shelf things are on wheels
    • Chinese copies of all the magpul stuff
    • Theres that Bersa you were looking for
    • A huge line to get in the bathroom
    • Someone who shit on the floor in the stall
    • No paper towels, after you just washed your hands
    • More Nazi stuff
    • Fairly priced ammo cans, except this time you actually buy one
    • You cave and buy a $50 brick of .22lr because you didn't come all this way and pay $12 for nothing
    • A couple $5 AR magazines because "why not?"
    • More law enforcement junk
    • Some rather unscrupulous looking characters
    • Bow and arrow stuff
    • A dent in your car after you've decided you've ****ing had enough and this ammo can, mags, and brick of .22lr is actually heavy because your ass is out of shape, so you walk back your car to find a ****ing dent in the driver side door because the idiot in jeep decided to park in the smallest spot in the entire parking lot, even though there are a ton of open spots 3 cars down

precisionfire

May 20, 2011
    Martinsburg WV
    We will be exhibiting and selling at the Timonium Gunshow Close to Baltimore this weekend April 30 and May 1. Come in and support us! We have all the high end AR parts and some of the best prices you can find anywhere. Also check out our line of high end AR rifles or get your own built while you wait! 99% of everything we sell is USA made and 99.9% Not made in China. We have 20 tables loaded with good stuff.

NO jerky, ammo cans, tacticool shit, Bows, Hunting clothes, mil surplus, Nazi stuff, books, holsters, badges, chineses AR parts, overpriced AR parts, or shitty attitudes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom