What shows are good and availability at them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'll lead with I've never been to a gunshow before. I missed the Howard county one the other weekend. I am not in a position right now to buy the few "next things" I am wanting to buy/look for, which is why I am not actively canvassing to see if anyone has one to sell.

So that said, I am curious on which show(s) might be best to find the following and do you guys tend to see this stuff a lot of is it rare at shows around here and are the prices usually pretty reasonable (again, I have never been to a show, sorry this sounds naive).

1) single shot break action 20ga shotgun. Specifically an H&R, but I'd be fine with any. Reasonable price to me seems south of $130 used
    2) Mosin Nagants in probably shootable shape, not sure what pricing on them seems to be these days (I've heard anything from $80-160), maybe an M44 but a 91/30 is okay
    3) SKS

I have to wait at least a few months before I can really be in the market for any of those, but I figured getting an idea of how much searching I should be preparing myself for would be a good idea

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Keep eye on classifieds and arms list You will not likely see a Mosin south of $150 now a days . Any videos or posts mentioning a Mosin that is $100 is out of date. Local gun shows will have what you are looking for but so will an IP Post what you are looking for in the IP section. Sometimes someone may send you a PM if they have what you need but did not have it listed.

And post your location

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If you're interested in checking out the best gun show within reasonable driving distance, check out www.thenationsgunshow.com. is going on this weekend, & six more times in 2016 including in April, June, July, Sept/Oct, November, & December. I was there yesterday & there are many people selling items like you're looking for, though I wasn't checking prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom