• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Was Parkland one of the places that received a bomb threat today? Maybe that’s why so many parents picking kids up?

Miami, which is about an hour from Parkland received a threat, according to a CNN report.

Yes, it is possible the round the block parent-pick-up could have been triggered by that. But the way I saw these Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS parents sliding into positions on the curbs and on the shoulders all the way to the I-95 overpass leads me to believe this is a regular routine.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I hope that wasn’t you that they stopped! Nice to see all those kids walking and not being bused like most of those in the Fredneck area. Keep up the good work...and the pics!

Nope, not stopped.

As I said, at school release time they seem to be on every boulevard. After having one of the PD cars in front of me, I had a Coral Springs patrol car slide in behind me a moment later so I made sure to use my turn signal dropping into Chick-fil-A.

The cop at the traffic stop that I posted earlier was yet another officer.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The New York Times finally weighed in on the Parkland Shooting Commission findings but they gave it a new twist.

Surprise! They portrayed the Parkland Commission search for the truth by elected professional sheriffs....as a fight between Republicans and Democrats. Poor corrupt, lazy Broward Sheriff Scott Israel. He is being BULLIED by the Republican Sheriffs sitting in judgement of him and that’s not fair (just like the “bullying” against the corrupt Broward elections supervisor Little Miss Snipes)

And OMG, armed school personnel?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/us/parkland-shooting-florida-commission-report.html

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    The people of Broward County should run Israel out of town, and literally tar and feather him before hand. They used to brand cowards. Maybe after the report DeSantis will be able to fire Israel. I keep thinking of Dan Bongino saying "TAKE OFF THAT BADGE!" Note to self, no reason to go to Broward County, FL.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sheriff Israel is a lazy bureaucrat who has always run his agency as a green-uniformed revenue collection operation to benefit his corrupt fellow Broward political hacks.

The Parkland shooting exposed all this.

Israel is totally responsible for the weak training and coward culture for the whole department but won’t resign despite being totally repudiated in public as a hack.

Useless dickhead.

I certainly hope there is the pathway for the Governor to oust Israel for malfeasance.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Sheriff Israel is a lazy bureaucrat who has always run his agency as a green-uniformed revenue collection operation to benefit his corrupt fellow Broward political hacks.

The Parkland shooting exposed all this.

Israel is totally responsible for the weak training and coward culture for the whole department but won’t resign despite being totally repudiated in public as a hack.

Useless dickhead.

I certainly hope there is the pathway for the Governor to oust Israel for malfeasance.

You would think the state should be able to remove him for incompetence; than again, if incompetence was a crime most politicians would be in prison.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The lesson from this episode is that I will keep my Patriot Picket media credentials in the truck console from now on.

As it was the Parkland Shooting Commission just happened to release its findings blaming the Broward Cowards while I was visiting near Parkland.

One never knows when and where 2A news breaks out.

Credentials are a bit of a shield that increases access to area when cops normally are shooing away “pesky” bystanders.

Below: our trip behind enemy lines to embed in an ANTIFA protest in DC. No confrontations, no problems.

Attachments

• 523CFD12-DA4D-4A18-B741-848EA3828B58.jpg
      523CFD12-DA4D-4A18-B741-848EA3828B58.jpg
      93.8 KB · Views: 304
    • 3561EDC3-5A4D-4639-8781-3896C43C36BA.jpg
      3561EDC3-5A4D-4639-8781-3896C43C36BA.jpg
      79.7 KB · Views: 299

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This Parkland dad blamed gutlessness, not guns, for tragedy. For that he faced vile abuse

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article223189365.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you for this excellent follow-up to this story.

This grieving father should on a national speaking tour funded the FL victims fund.

“Hear that? Hear those noises?” says Pollack, snapping the video off. “Those are gunshots. That’s my little girl being shot. That’s my little girl being murdered. While this deputy gets dressed [in his ballistic vest]. It took them 11 minutes to get to the hallway where she died.”

“So you wanna know why I don’t care about high-capacity clips and bump stocks and all this gun-control stuff? This is why. Eleven minutes! The guy who killed my daughter could have done it with a musket, that’s how much time it took for them to get there. He could have done it with a knife. We had plenty of laws to prevent this. What we don’t have is individual accountability.”

Andrew Pollack’s daughter, Meadow, was one of the 17 students and educators who died in the massacre at Stoneman Douglas High on Valentine’s Day, nine bullets fired into her body. Like many of the friends and parents of the day’s victims, Pollack has been politicized by his loss; unlike most, he’s veered not left but right, not toward gun control but away from it.
    Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article223189365.html#storylink=cpy

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Hat Tip to Stoveman for spotting this critical update:

The Broward County’s left leaning” major newspaper has now called for The Broward Coward Sheriff to go.

The Democrat apologists have run out of room! Looks like Sheriff Scott Israel will be gone in two weeks when Governor-elect DeSantis is sworn in.

From The Daily Wire:

After defending Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel for months against Republican criticism over his office's failed handling of the horrific mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the left-leaning Sun Sentinel editorial board published a lengthy editorial Wednesday on "the failed leadership of Broward Sheriff Scott Israel" that explains why they now agree with Gov.-elect Ron DeSantis that Israel must go.

"It's a big deal for a governor to remove an elected sheriff, especially if the governor is a Republican and the sheriff is the most powerful Democrat in Florida’s most Democratic county," the Sun Sentinel editorial board states. But after reviewing a draft of the state commission's report on the shooting, the editors have concluded that Israel simply cannot be allowed to stay in office.

"[A] community of our size is going to face another tragedy," the editors conclude. "It’s just a matter of where and when. And if we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it. Given Sheriff Israel’s failure to learn from history — and his failures during our community’s most horrific events — we now stand with those who believe he should be removed and replaced."

The editors begin by underscoring that they have repeatedly defended Israel against criticism they believed to be premature, including in late February when Republicans called for Gov. Rick Scott to suspend him for incompetence and in April when the deputies' union voted no confidence in him "largely because of pay raises."

"We’ve suggested all along that people hold their fire until more details are known," they write. "But after seeing the damning details in the commission’s draft report — and Israel’s troubling testimony — we cannot encourage the governor-elect to wait and let voters decide the sheriff’s fate in 2020."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39721/sun-sentinel-heres-why-we-now-agree-republicans-james-barrett

Attachments

• 2C13596E-1472-4C94-929C-8CE300C92140.jpg
      2C13596E-1472-4C94-929C-8CE300C92140.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 220
    Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The deputy who is the head of the deputy's union was on FOX tonight and gave the Sheriff both barrels. He said that under Sheriff Israel they spend DAYS in the classroom learning how to "relate" to the community but only spend FOUR hours a year on weapons training at the range.

He also said that the Deputy Captain of that district was a diversity pick and would be overwhelmed on a traffic stop. :lol2:

Broward is the nation's largest accredited Sheriff's department.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    The video of the cop on the scene is compelling. Hiding. It throws the regular .gov argument of "can't be everywhere" right out the window. One, and more, of them were there.
    The restatement of the court precedent, about the no duty to protect, and no liability, is also compelling.
    I guess the local msm just got the news, long standing as the precedent has been.
    Thanks for posting the editorial. Reposted elsewhere.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Beyond the abysmal response as the murders were unfolding, does the report address the lack of law enforcement action (the kind that leaves a prohibiting trail) by the county during the troubled kid's long stretch of violent and threatening behavior prior to the act? How much of that, beyond the FBI also badly dropping the ball, is also laid at the Sheriff's feet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom