• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Someone had a Borchardt pistol (minty) for sale for about $12k.

Someone was selling a Dewat Maxim 08/15 aircraft gun for about $4k. Too bad it requires a tax stamp.

A guy was selling lots of reloaded ammo for Japanese rifles (7.7 and 6.5 mm). Perhaps he was Mr. Nambu?

Me, I got a WW1 German SG8498 model 2 bayonet (made in 1916) that had been converted to model 3 specifications.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    The wife and I had a good time. She has a thing for pepper boxes so we went to see what we might find. Decided against buying because we are trying to save for a house but she has a list of must haves now lol.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    like a museum with high prices.
    parking was ridiculous.
    i spent the $10 entry fee.
    seen it, saw it, went home.:cool:

Sorry I didn't have more time to talk to you earlier. I was pretty busy most of the day.

I brought home a couple goodies. One of which I'd been wanting to get for a long time

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Unless MilsurpDan's name isn't "Dan", he wasn't at the booth when I stopped by. It was a husband/wife combo.

I was at tables S-18 and S-19 most of yesterday. I'm switching between 2 different groups of tables, (the other being F-14) since I'm helping "substitute" for a dealer who couldn't make it to the show. I could be at either one today

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Parking is always crazy at this show, people come from all over the country to attend, best to get there early.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nice show. Saw not one, not two, but three legit Krag carbines for sale at different dealers. Noticed a lot more WW2-era and Korean-era rifles than last year. Even saw quite a few Mosin carbines and a few SKS's. Still super-majority antiques, though. I scored a 1870's suicide special revolver in outstanding condition on the cheap and was tempted by bunch of other revolvers.

Nice show. Saw not one, not two, but three legit Krag carbines for sale at different dealers. Noticed a lot more WW2-era and Korean-era rifles than last year. Even saw quite a few Mosin carbines and a few SKS's. Still super-majority antiques, though. I scored a 1870's suicide special revolver in outstanding condition on the cheap and was tempted by bunch of other revolvers.

I saw six but my radar is fine tuned to Krags- there was even a '95 variant of the '96. Including my own, I have only ever seen four in person. One was "only" $2200, I'm surprised it wasn't sold already.
    There was also a buttload of Winchester '95s in .30-40

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I saw six but my radar is fine tuned to Krags- there was even a '95 variant of the '96. Including my own, I have only ever seen four in person. One was "only" $2200, I'm surprised it wasn't sold already.

Did you see the 96 for $800 in a floor rack? Appeared to be the real deal except the rear sight looked like a good gunsmith (not Bubba) heavily modified it decades ago.

Did you see the 96 for $800 in a floor rack? Appeared to be the real deal except the rear sight looked like a good gunsmith (not Bubba) heavily modified it decades ago.

I missed that one. There was a '96 I saw for <$1000 which I BELIEVE is an OALW (Osberg Armory and Locomotive Works) redo. It looked damn convincing, but the serial number was in the 50k range (all rifles) and the stock was "too red" Osberg made some really convincing fakes, and always inconspicuously marked them with "OALW" inside the buttplate. Rumor has it that quite a few people paid big bucks for his carbines thinking they are real.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/957687910/U-S-Model-1898-Krag-Carbine-Crispy.htm

I also saw a suspicious Philippines Constabulary Carbine that had an incorrect front band and handguard. The seller was real quick to point out it was marked as a fake on the price tag- good for him.

ca18thc

Sep 7, 2013
    Harpers Ferry Model 1795 Flintlock

Hi, I picked up this Harpers Ferry model 1795 flintlock at the show. The lock plate is dated 1809. It is in nice original condition with old patina. Now I will have to find old sling swivels and a period correct bayonet.

I think I will use it as my new home defense weapon.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I attended and found a stacking swivel for my Krag. I was helped to find it by one of the guys in those ugly maroon jackets with the yellow armbands. The guys who make it happen. One said, "So and so, will have one" and off we went. Well he didn't but he though his buddy would and off to his display we went. They had it and of course as I was going to work from the show I didn't bring the Krag. Guy said, "check it out, if there's an issue, bring it back and I'll refund your money." MACA guy asked if I was good and then handed me a pass for the next day incase I had to come back. Great show, neat stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom