• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    Think this might be a good show to visit for Glock magazines and 9mm, .40, and .38 ammo?

Getting back into going to gun shows.. not been to one in over 15 years. :sad20:

More info on the gun show:

The SGK Gun Show returns to Fredericksburg, Va at the Fredericksburg Expo and Conference Center March 5-6, 2016. This show will contain 700 tables of Merchandise.

http://www.guns-knives.com/index.php

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    What, no love for .45?

Good show, been several times.

I owned a Springfield 45 in 2002 or so... only gun I ever almost gave away to get away from. The Gunsmith could not fix that gun... loved the idea but it was jam city. Went back to Glock and been there ever since.

Guess I could get a 45 in glock... but I went the other way from a .40 and went to a 9mm Glock 19 and snub 38 last week.

I'll more than likely get a 357 next and G26... not sure about the G26 though, depends how I get along with this G19.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I love going to the Fredricksburg show. But its not known for its Mag deals. There is a nice lady who comes up from the south With a good selection. But her pricing is normal retail and sometimes a bit more. I think Big Dogs will have a few tables there. He has always had good pricing on mags. If he doesn't have them at the show . You can stop at his shop on the way home.

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    I love going to the Fredricksburg show. But its not known for its Mag deals. There is a nice lady who comes up from the south With a good selection. But her pricing is normal retail and sometimes a bit more. I think Big Dogs will have a few tables there. He has always had good pricing on mags. If he doesn't have them at the show . You can stop at his shop on the way home.

Thanks... I emailed the big dog shop directly.. if they have what I need, I'll skip the show.

Darn stupid MD laws make people waste a lot of time and money.... which I guess is the purpose. :mad54:

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Mostly a good show, been several times. Last show was just after the San Bernardino attack, and crowd was large with waiting in line and trying to get to tables.

A lot more stuff geared towards the prepper/survival groups and less jerky than Md shows.:thumbsup:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Mostly a good show, been several times. Last show was just after the San Bernardino attack, and crowd was large with waiting in line and trying to get to tables.A lot more stuff geared towards the prepper/survival groups and less jerky than Md shows.:thumbsup:

I went down last time it was there and I couldn't find a parking spot anywhere near the place and the line to get in the door was so long I just went to big dogs.

I guess what I am saying is get there EARLY.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Thx
    For heads up about the show
    I'm driving down Friday for kids play offs near Norfolk and was already hitting Big Dogs on the way down.
    But if they don't make finals I can check out the show on way back. I hope I can't make the show. ;)

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    I'm going to try it Sat. Last time was crazy, just after the terror attack in SB, and alot of folks expected a big reaction from the gov. I've been before when there were no crowds, makes for a better experience.

To many things I want to get before summer. I need to prioritize, not all are guns, mostly mags, ammo. Just think it will get crazier later in the year as election gets closer.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Cross the 301 bridge about 10 min on the right. Intersections of 301 and 205

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    I am going to sit this one out... emailed Big Dogs and the reply was retail prices on mags. That is okay... but I can get better prices at Quantico Tactical, which is closer to me and maybe at other shops local to me in VA.

Sounds like gun shows are not promised to have good prices on mags. No use in driving down there, paying $8, and then potentially get charged retail.

Things have changed since I last visited a gun show many, many blue moons ago... and I was also in NC/SC so I'd guess that was different as well.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I am going to sit this one out... emailed Big Dogs and the reply was retail prices on mags. That is okay... but I can get better prices at Quantico Tactical, which is closer to me and maybe at other shops local to me in VA.

Sounds like gun shows are not promised to have good prices on mags. No use in driving down there, paying $8, and then potentially get charged retail.

Things have changed since I last visited a gun show many, many blue moons ago... and I was also in NC/SC so I'd guess that was different as well.

They are certainly not want they used to be. Nowadays it is easier and cheaper to click a couple links and have it delivered to your doorstep. Ammo especially.

Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    I'm thinking I should have sat this one out, It was hard to find parking and crowded to the point it was difficult to enjoy the show . I found most magazines and ammo priced much higher than the Nations Gun Show a couple weeks ago.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'm thinking I should have sat this one out, It was hard to find parking and crowded to the point it was difficult to enjoy the show . I found most magazines and ammo priced much higher than the Nations Gun Show a couple weeks ago.

Mags are always cheaper at Chantilly. I like Fredricksburg for the used guns that walk thru the door. Found some steals over the years at that show

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I was already passing thru the area so i stopped in at 3:30
    Parking was packed
    Found some 32acp for $16/50 so I got that and primers and ammo can as well as some bullets for reloading
    No good deals on used stuff did I see that I was interested in. Bigger show than I thought it would be but Chantilly is better.
    I would say there was lots of reloading powder

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom