• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Can these be sold face to face like any other unregulated firearm, or do these need to be sold through a licensed dealer?

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Just to be clear.

I bought a stripped lower and built it out. The. I bought a complete pinned and welded 14.5 inch HBAR upper. Married the two together. I can sell face to face?

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Yes. Am looking for a Silver Pigeion.

I have a guy that says he is law enforcement, and does not want to go Gun Store route.

I am weary of selling this gun Face to Face.

Should I be concerned?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If it's an Hbar there is zero problem selling the rifle face to face. And considering you just got it, it should be an Hbar right?

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland

I have a guy that says he is law enforcement, and does not want to go Gun Store route.

Should I be concerned?

If you bought it as a regulated piece, That is a Question I cannot answer. I don't know if I would sell it Face to Face myself?
    If the Buyer is a LEO, why is he afraid of Gun stores?

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Then tell him go to the msp barracks if you think something is fishey.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just do a bill of sale for your own protection. You should be GTG from everthing I've read in here on the subject. IANAL

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

Should I be concerned?

If you bought it as a regulated piece, That is a Question I cannot answer. I don't know if I would sell it Face to Face myself?
    If the Buyer is a LEO, why is he afraid of Gun stores?

It is legal to sell face to face. However since the lower is registered to you, it is in your best interest to transfer it at at the MSP or a LGS.

His not wanting to deal with a gun shop also raises some questions. At least enough for you to be extra cautious with this transaction.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The short answer is same as any "normal" long gun.

The wild card is whether you had purchased the gun or lower on a 77R . At that point the freespirited answer is go ahead and transfer acording to its present configuration, the paranoid answer is to parallel the process you had used to purchase originally. Which is "correct" ? We're speculating, and equally convincing arguments can be made both ways.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No matter what, the database will show you as the owner.

If you sell it via a 77R, there will just be more than one owner in the database.

I think we should set up a round robin, and sell every regulated firearm we can at least 10 times. :)

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

If you sell it via a 77R, there will just be more than one owner in the database.

I think we should set up a round robin, and sell every regulated firearm we can at least 10 times. :)

Seriously, what database? Thought it was just temporary recorded, or am I confusing the databases?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Yup, and the 77r, unless they changed it, says that the buyer understands that the firearm is regulated and must be transferred as a regulated.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just the messenger here... Don't shoot...

According to a conversation between myself and the MDSP Firearms Section... (Confirmed by the section supervisor...) "As of PSA 2013, there are no "regulated rifles" in Maryland. There are only Banned and Not-Banned rifles." And, "If the rifle is Not-Banned... It can be sold, FTF, on a simple Bill of Sale (Bill of Sale recommended but not legally required) to any Maryland resident who the seller is reasonably certain is not prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state."

Any rifle which is banned (can NOT be sold/transferred to any Maryland resident) in Maryland can/must be sold to an out of state resident through an FFL.

IANAL

IAARLEO

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just the messenger here... Don't shoot...

According to a conversation between myself and the MDSP Firearms Section... (Confirmed by the section supervisor...) "As of PSA 2013, there are no "regulated rifles" in Maryland. There are only Banned and Not-Banned rifles." And, "If the rifle is Not-Banned... It can be sold, FTF, on a simple Bill of Sale (Bill of Sale recommended but not legally required) to any Maryland resident who the seller is reasonably certain is not prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state."

Any rifle which is banned (can NOT be sold/transferred to any Maryland resident) in Maryland can/must be sold to an out of state resident through an FFL.

IANAL

IAARLEO

You've said this before as I recall and this is what I was going by.:thumbsup:

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Outrider KIA... :)

All, No One said this gentleman would not go to a shop or a barrack, just that he did not want to because of cost. The Gentleman is law enforcement, and we did everything legally.

Thanks for the speculation, I mean concern.

Also... I got my silver pigeon.

Going this weekend to shoot sporting clays with wife's brother in law and son.

Let me know if anyone wants to meet up at the AGC or PG Trap and skeet for a few round of trap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom