• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I would like to make my new AR build a SBR, and have been trying to read on how to set up a trust.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of online trust services that are reliable?

Thanks.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    use the search feature here and put in 69.99 black Friday trust sale and look around till you find it

ibang1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Go with an IP that supports MDS. I'm sure they are all good lawyers and provide a Trust that will protect you.

I completed my notary last night and sent the From 1 electronically online with the ATF for my SBR. The process was painless but do your homework and it can be a little scary process. I was worried I didn't fill the electronic form correctly since you don't get the yes/no questions like the one the hard copy Form 1 has.

This was my first. :)

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I filled out the trust paperwork I purchased and had it notorized.
    I do not currently own any NFA items.
    I was sent a mailing label to BATF

I'm looking to purchase 1 or 2 suppressors. Do I mail this in to BATF Prior to purchasing suppressors?
    I'm looking at purchasing from local IP (2A sales)

thanks

David Ditch

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster

I'm looking to purchase 1 or 2 suppressors. Do I mail this in to BATF Prior to purchasing suppressors?

thanks

David Ditch

As far as I know, it is submitted with your App and that's it. Each app, you send a copy of your trust.

2A should walk you through it. Good people.

P.s. Make a digital copy (PDF) and a few hard copy's. They will come in handy.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009

thanks

David Ditch
    1) Purchase your suppressors. Your dealer will help you fill out the forms 4 correctly.

2) Submit two copies of the forms either by mail or electronically, along with a copy of your trust, to BATFE's NFA division. If filing by mail, get a return receipt from the post office.

3) Keep a copy of each form for your records.

4) If everything is in order, your dealer will receive your stamped forms 4 within 120 days.

5) You will fill out a form 4473 for each item when you pick them up from your dealer. Then you take possession.

It really is that simple.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    OP - I got mine from Potomac Gun Trusts and it was worth it. Fast turnaround, too.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So do I have to get an Attorney involved each time I buy an NFA item and add to the trust?
    Maybe I should do several items at one time?

1FastSS

Mar 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Don't think so. I personally have not used it but from my research, the trust justs get you past having to do fingerprints and crap everything plus the wait time is shorter. The only time you need an attorney is when the trust is opened and if any changes need to be made to the actual trust later on. But adding a NFA does not need an attorney.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    So do I have to get an Attorney involved each time I buy an NFA item and add to the trust?
    Maybe I should do several items at one time?
    No, you do not need to contact an attorney each time you buy something. As a matter fact, setting up the initial trust will probably be the only contact you will ever need regarding an attorney. As the executor of the trust,you can make changes such as adding or subtracting other trustees by simply typing an addendum and having it notarized. Such documentation becomes part of the trust and needs to be submitted with the original documentation.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, when adding an item, only executor adds the item on that one page that lists the item? I don't need further signatures from the others?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So, when adding an item, only executor adds the item on that one page that lists the item? I don't need further signatures from the others?

No.

And in fact, some people have not submitted the Attachment A and BATFE approved their Form 1 or 4.

BATFE KNOWS what you have. :D

If you go to Duffy's it is REALLY easy. Take a copy of your trust, give Vince money. Come back when he calls you.

HE will fill out the forms and mail them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom