• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    Just read some thoughts from Andy Raymond at The Truth About Guns.

I just wanted to put it out there that I am a big supported of this shop, have bought all but one of my guns there, and will continue to do my business there.

For all that support the 2nd Amendment, we need to remember that it is not a right that we can/should cherry pick.

Lots of love to Engage! Good job Andy! Keep fighting the good fight!

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    A lot of gun owners are stupid. They don't think any anti's have FFL's and could trigger the law anytime they wanted? There's a reason they haven't.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010

People are all mad at Andy because his "offering for sale" would trigger the NJ law.

There are some ANTI's that have FFLs. They could at anytime offer those exact armatix weapons for sale to trigger the law. They don't. Why? Because they know the law will be struck if triggered now, in 5 years when the harm exists and is litigated there is no way it would succeed per Heller. It literally bans an entire class of weapon so broad as to eclipse what the original case was about.

Basically, they're using it as a fear weapon to get everybody to turn on each other.

That and they know none of it is reliable right now. The longer they can delay implementation of it the longer technology has time to mature. It's easier to beat it now when we can say "look at this ********, not a single police officer would use it because it's unreliable and they expect us to!"

Perhaps in the future, the technology might be required for police departments in "progressive" areas. Then it's a lot harder for us to make the same arguments against it.

At the end of the day you can't put technology back into the bottle once it's an idea and created. The exact same reason why a complete gun ban would never work (because people can still make them anyways - zip guns - ) is the exact same reason why this won't go away. We would be wise to use the technology as a bridge.

A lot of people buy guns because they are concerned about other people besides them using it. Obvious answer is a safe, but that answer isn't good enough for some people. If they become gun owners, that's another gun owner.

Lots of people want to make the argument that "oh once the technology comes then everybody else will mandate it." The technology existing never stopped NJ or MD from passing laws in anticipation of it. Why would it stop anybody else. This isn't something that's going to spread across America; not as a requirement.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I appreciate your comments. I do my own thing and operate as to what I feel is right. A lot of times that is contrary to good business or good reason. I didn't intend to hurt anyone and in the end I don't think I did. My principles were correct though.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Andy, Carlos, Nate, and the rest of Team Engage have done more for shooters than anyone else I can think of in Maryland.

The people who attacked Andy were douchebags. Period.

Lest anyone think I'm some kind of chickenhawk keyboard commando hiding in mama's basement, I'm happy to say that to anyone's face.

Semper fi, Andy.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Interesting story and cool photo:

Engage-Armament-Co-Owner-Andrew-Raymond-right-courtesy-huffingtonpost.com_.jpg

I think we all learned a valuable lesson here.

I'm a loyal supporter of very few local gun shops and related businesses; from all accounts, this is a great shop to support.

Andy & I have this much for sure in common:

molon-labe.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom