• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Text is up.

This bill adds features and reduces the number of evil features from two to one.

There is a lot more in here related to pistols as well, see (IV)

basically everything you own will have to be 77rd.

Its hard to see what is not banned after 2020.

The only two things that appear to be “missing” from the proposed expanded federal ban is a barrel shroud on rifles or a threaded barrel.

I notice pistols it is basically any cartridge MSP decides to name is considered an assault gun.

This bill is almost unbelievable.

A bill produced by people who know nothing about guns and/or is intentionally malicious. I’d assume both.

Remembered I needed to renew my MSI membership. Did so law night.

Unclear what registration is going to cost. It doesn’t mention, so I assume $10. Unless you are late. Then it can range from $290-1000 per firearm.

Of course the question of if you already 77r’d, do you have to again?

I am tired of this shit. “Oh, a gun that can be more comfortable to use. BAN IT!”

I fail to see how any of the features mentioned actually makes any gun deadlier. That’s even if you subscribe to the belief that because a gun is deadlier it should be banned.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Couldn't have just tried to ram through a registration that most people without any foresight wouldn't have batted an eyelash at to adding more features which in turn will get everyone on their case against the bill.
    Good move, there.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    At the end of the day, law enforcement ordered to come to your door and take your firearms have some soul searching to do. Are they willing to kill otherwise peaceful Americans in order to take their defensive firearms because of a blatantly unconstitutional law made by hypocrites. If they choose to go forward with potentially killing to enforce this, the people need to decide what they do with that information.

Yes they are.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    With the fort Scott 9mm load this means all 9mm pistols.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200208-130723_Drive.jpg
      Screenshot_20200208-130723_Drive.jpg
      81.6 KB · Views: 672

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    This should be being voted on around the time SCOTUS releases their decision in the NSYRPA case. The 5 conservative justices are almost certainly following what's been introduced in VA and MD.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This should be being voted on around the time SCOTUS releases their decision in the NSYRPA case. The 5 conservative justices are almost certainly following what's been introduced in VA and MD.

I hope so, but have lost faith in SCOTUS lately.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    I just finished emails to all of my delegates and to my senator since it could make it there or they could introduce a crossfile of it. Following up with mailed letters both of which invite them and their peers to schedule a range trip with me so they can actually see and shoot what the Democrat members want to ban.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

They've had 7 years to do this.

Why now?

To compete with Virginia? Nah. It's just a giant **** you

There's your answer.

Get as many of these draconian laws on the books before SCOTUS rules. The laws will be on the books for years later until 4CA or SCOTUS rules.

And if the SCOTUS decision in NSYRPA is feckless and cowardly, so much the "better" for Bloomberg.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Looking at definitions, what the ****?!?

Wait...

PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON” MEANS A GRIP THAT ALLOWS FOR A PISTOL–STYLE GRASP IN WHICH THE WEB OF THE TRIGGER HAND BETWEEN THE THUMB AND INDEX FINGER CAN BE PLACED BELOW THE TOP OF THE EXPOSED PORTION OF THE TRIGGER WHILE FIRING.

That’s likely any rifle that doesn’t have a straight wrist stock. That is ALL semi-automatic detachable magazine rifles are banned.

I checked, granted it’s isn’t a semi-auto, but my Sako bolt gun and it’s semi-pistol wrist Monte Carlo stock lets me position the web of my hand below the top of the exposed part of the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom