• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Del. Atterbeary seemed to care more about describing each of her 3 children than discussing the 3 amendments that would gut and replace her precious HB4 with real anti-crime legislation.

She is one smug B. I watched her self gratifying video on twitter. Makes me sick how these slime bags think and speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Del. Atterbeary seemed to care more about describing each of her 3 children than discussing the 3 amendments that would gut and replace her precious HB4 with real anti-crime legislation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Here is my summary. Sorry for any mistakes. Some very pointed and spot on testimony by various delegates from the minority. They managed to get the majority on record as supporting criminal behavior and punishing the law-abiding.

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with removing carve out for firearm crime for drug dealers. Defeated

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with higher penalties for straw purchases. Defeated.

Amendment given to replace HB4 text with higher penalties for stealing firearms. Delegate stood and asked for parliamentarian according to House rule: Can't replace the entire contents of a bill with something that is different than the original intent of the bill. Question to was made to the floor along the lines of: Then why did we vote on the other two, and now cannot vote on this one? Chair ruled it was out of order in concurrence to parliamentarian. Additional discussion. A house vote sustained the chair's ruling.

Amendment given. Motion to have amendment laid over for one day.

The session then wrapped up.

Thanks for the update!

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Just out of curiosity is there a process for impeaching or recalling a MD Delegate?

Nope. Once you’re elected you can spend the next 4 years doing whatever. You don’t even have to show up, but you still get $52k per year plus benefits. Manage to get re-elected one time and you get a pension and health benefits.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    They wrestled with the reality of how unworkable HB4 is to the point of frustration, so HB4 was special ordered by Del. Clippinger to the end of the day.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    So, they adjourned today without further discussion on HB4. I'll check the agenda for tomorrow when it's up and let everyone know.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    You're joking, right? He won't miss an opportunity to look like a (d) when he signs this surrounded by MDA. And they'll vote for anyone but him in his next political endeavor.

Clearly I am.

I know Larry can lift his hand for a sandwich or to take a phone call for another Neocon neverdrumpf puff piece on how Larry should be President. But guns? Nah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom