• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I just spoke with a Trooper this morning at the Pikesville handgun permit unit. He said that they have become inundated with requests for modifications. I dropped mine off on Wednesday morning at their location, and as of this morning, I am still not in the system. He told me to check back with them in the middle of next week for a further update.

He also mentioned that they are receiving many applications for modification from individuals who are not the owner of the business, which he said is slowing down the process.

During our conversation, he said that "they didn't expect that there would be such a rush of requests for the modification"2:, which I respectfully disagreed. I reminded the Trooper that ANYONE with a permit that has restrictions is placed in legal jeopardy — knowing that ultimately, the MSP gets to decide whether or not we fall within our restrictions. Kind of, we'll know it when we see it BS.
    The bolded sentence shows just how out of touch the Licensing Division is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I meant the ability to do it ALL online. No printing or mailing....
    Stupid me.

th

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I like how people assume they can "demand" shit from a politician. He's such a fat spineless fvck, highly doubt he'll do ANYTHING either way.

He can't do anything, he already said his hands are tied. He even waved around the letter from the steaming pile of Frosh telling him so.

Further, the POS AG can "not like it" all he wants to, he can't do anything either. Forty-odd years ago, the Legislature said that the only people who decide all things restriction are the MSP, which they are now doing.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Ok, I'm gonna ask a stupid question... What does one do and where do we get any associated forms needed for restrictions removal? I;m sure it's been posted but i scanned a few pages and didnt see it.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I have a feeling that people that don't qualify for the unrestricted permit or going to do their very best torpedo this.

At the very least they are going to screw things up for those who qualify by slowing the process down. It’s sad that they are receiving modification requests that don’t fit the requirements.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    At the very least they are going to screw things up for those who qualify by slowing the process down. It’s sad that they are receiving modification requests that don’t fit the requirements.

The class divide begins.

"Damn those people not privileged enough to have a "reason" for unrestricted carry like I do!"

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I have a feeling that people that don't qualify for the unrestricted permit or going to do their very best torpedo this.

I'm spiteful but not that bad lol. It's a long overdue administrative change that should be applied to everyone but it's better than nothing.

I'm peeved my permit renewal was denied but this circumstance is irrelevant to me as I'm not a business owner.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    The class divide begins.

"Damn those people not privileged enough to have a "reason" for unrestricted carry like I do!"

I am not a business owner and do not benefit from this. I believe constitutional carry is the way it should be done. With that being said my previous statement stands.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    I don't have a permit so I don't know what you're implying.

He was offended by the fact that I used the word qualify which applies accurately in the sense I used it. I don’t have a permit either but it seems he thinks I somehow agree with MSP and was trying to make a point that I wasn’t. At least that’s the way I read it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah . The Class Divisions started in 1972 , this is just an additional one .

As long as this latest one is coming about due to an expanded number of Favored Subjects , I don't begrudge anyone making best use of the choices available to them . And increased raw numbers are a good thing in themselves .

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    And, I was specifically referring to "qualify", nothing more.

By definition “being entitled to a particular benefit or privilege by fulfilling a necessary condition”. What is inaccurate about what I said using that term? You won’t find a person more committed to our cause than I am. Semantics like this make me understand why people who are adamant supporters of our rights go silent on this board.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I don't begrudge anyone making best use of the choices available to them . And increased raw numbers are a good thing in themselves .

I think the notion that people who have (especially unrestricted) permits are or will be waving off the rest of Maryland's lawful folks with a too-bad-for-you dismissal is nonsense. The more that we see unrestricted permits NOT producing the "blood running in the streets!" effects that the Mommies et al are predicting, the easier it is to make the case that vetted, non-criminal permit holders across the state aren't going to be a risk. Just like in every other state where they aren't a risk. More people - even if just incrementally, and agonizingly slow in MD - being able to carry without restrictions helps to deflate the Mommy/Bloomberg contention that somehow Maryland residents are far more dangerous than Virginia residents, or Pennsylvania residents, or DC (!) residents.

Patience is hard. But this process has sure tested and improved mine.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I can’t help but reflect on Frost’s “The Road Not Taken.”

If only I had started a company instead of serving 38 years in the DoD intel arena.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am a business owner and I am no more qualified then anyone here , I am just filling out a piece of paper to expand my carry privileges . I have never felt any better then others , I have no white privilege and it is stupid the permit Ponzi scheme . That is why I walked with the PP and did what I could do in Annapolis and the different groups (NRA & MSI)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom