• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Have a MAC I bought awhile ago and can't do anything on it. Willing to pay for help, not Geek Squad prices. In Timonium

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Reading books and manuals doesn't work for me. I just bought Microsoft Ofc for MAC and tried to install it tonite with no luck. CAn't get thru to suport

jplum

Feb 3, 2008
    Try running DiskUtility to repair the permissions and verify the disk is ok (/Applications/Utilities/. Which OS is running on the Mac? You may need to run Softwareupdate.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not only the thread title , but the first post made me think of a recalctrant SWD subgun.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Reading books and manuals doesn't work for me. I just bought Microsoft Ofc for MAC and tried to install it tonite with no luck. CAn't get thru to suport

What version of OSX are you running?

What version of MSO for MAC are you trying to install?

What processor do you have in the MAC?

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    I'm on parkville during the day tomorrow, I can stop by and help you out if you need on site support. I've been an Administrator in a Mac Only printing company for 20 years.

PM me if you still need help

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    What version of OSX are you running?

What version of MSO for MAC are you trying to install?

What processor do you have in the MAC?

Thanks for your generous offer. Believe me when I say I know nothing about this stuff. I have no idea what version of OSX or whatever else has been asked, processor and don't know how to find out. It's a 2 year old machine I just started to use because my PC died. I'm trying to install Microsoft Home and Student version of Ofc for MAC. Can't complete the down load. It seems as though they are saying I already have an MS account and my passsword won't work. Thought I went thru the process of getting a new acct and password and of course I can't contact support. Can't get back to that page. Guess I paid for nothing, These machines are the bane of my life.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    A lot of people looking for work and this is the 2nd time I've tried to offer someone a chance to make some money or ammo but no takers. Frustrating as hell.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for your generous offer. Believe me when I say I know nothing about this stuff. I have no idea what version of OSX or whatever else has been asked, processor and don't know how to find out. It's a 2 year old machine I just started to use because my PC died. I'm trying to install Microsoft Home and Student version of Ofc for MAC. Can't complete the down load. It seems as though they are saying I already have an MS account and my passsword won't work. Thought I went thru the process of getting a new acct and password and of course I can't contact support. Can't get back to that page. Guess I paid for nothing, These machines are the bane of my life.

PM sent, give me a call.

whitelightning777

May 20, 2013
    Usually the MAC is reliable. Is your physical install disk for the software damaged? Are you the root user? (the one person that the system allows to make any changes possible) You need this to install or remove programs on any UNIX system, not just the MAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom