• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I need to have a blue print cabinet built out of 3/4" plywood that will have about 50 slots for rolled up prints.

Details

* Size will be about 48" wide, 36" deep and 72" tall. Exact size will be given when I find the person to do the work
    * It can be made in multiple sections so building, moving and assembling is easier
    * Made out of ¾” plywood. Nothing crazy, B-C plywood is fine
    * Must be able to accept credit card or be able to be set up as a vendor with my company for payment
    * Delivery to Frederick or Bethesda even if its an extra charge
    * Not looking for a someone to go to Home depot, buy some plywood and knock this out in his spare time with whatever tools he has on hand, I can do that. I was a woodworker for years, and recently sold my shop, so I will be able to tell if it was a quality job or not.
    * similar to the pictures below

Attachments

• blue print rack.jpg
      blue print rack.jpg
      53.9 KB · Views: 441

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    We built a few of those racks to keep our all of our old approved base building and tenant plans organized for one of my developments. You can also do a simple rack with 30" x 6" or 4" PVC Pipe/Conduit cut and set in a plywood rack to keep them organized. That is very efficient with little wasted space for round rolls of plans. For really large sets of plans(200+/- sheets), we still keep use horizontal stacked plan file cabinets. If they are in my office, I prefer digital.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    We built a few of those racks to keep our all of our old approved base building and tenant plans organized for one of my developments. You can also do a simple rack with 30" x 6" or 4" PVC Pipe/Conduit cut and set in a plywood rack to keep them organized. That is very efficient with little wasted space for round rolls of plans. For really large sets of plans(200+/- sheets), we still keep use horizontal stacked plan file cabinets. If they are in my office, I prefer digital.

I like the PVC idea, I could see a rack with varying pipe diameters. 6" pipe for large sets of prints and 3" or 4" pipe for smaller sets. If something doesnt come through with a wooden rack to match whats existing i may go this route :thumbsup:

I keep all of our original base building plans in large horizontal cabinets too.

I like the PVC idea, I could see a rack with varying pipe diameters. 6" pipe for large sets of prints and 3" or 4" pipe for smaller sets. If something doesnt come through with a wooden rack to match whats existing i may go this route :thumbsup:

I keep all of our original base building plans in large horizontal cabinets too.

This is what we have in my office.
    (I have given up on trying to fix MDS sideways/upside down pictures)

Attachments

• 20180906_082821.jpg
      20180906_082821.jpg
      102.6 KB · Views: 287

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    We dont have many paper drawings anymore. When we did, we used PVC pipe racks. 6" or 8" I think. Similar to the above picture.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    There is a guy in our troop who is a master carpenter, I can ask him tonight if you want me to. He has done some incredible work on Eagle projects.

Sack

Dec 17, 2014
    WV
    If you are still looking for a wood rack, I work for a lumber yard near Ellicott City and we have a full wood shop. They do incredible work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom