• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    SIG SAUER - MCX Mandatory Carriage Assembly Replacement Program
    SIG SAUER is conducting a mandatory replacement of the carriage assembly in SIG MCX rifles. SIG has found through extensive factory testing that in extremely rare instances, not reported in the field and extremely difficult to replicate, a condition may exist causing an unintended discharge. Failure to follow the loading procedures and basic rules of safe firearms handling outlined in the user’s manual has the potential to cause serious bodily harm or death. Although this has only been witnessed in 300 blackout, SIG has decided to upgrade all MCX models since the MCX is a modular platform and we want to ensure the quality and reliability of all products we manufacture.
    Stop use of firearm immediately, and visit the SIG SAUER website listed below as soon as possible to register your firearm, initiate the process and view a video explaining how to change out your carriage assembly. SIG will send you a prepaid box to return your complete carriage assembly to the factory. A new assembly, designed with the firing pin locking mechanism, will be shipped out to you within 5-7 working days of the receipt of your parts at no cost to you. Please note total in transit times will vary based on geographic locations. SIG will also send you a $50 gift voucher for any inconvenience this may have caused. This upgraded carriage assembly addresses this potential issue while enhancing the performance and longevity of your rifle. You may also contact SIG SAUER customer service at the number below with any questions if needed.
    SIG SAUER is committed to addressing this issue in an expedited manner, and appreciates your support.
    Firearm Registration - https://www.sigsauer.com/support/warranty/warranty-registration/

For Customer Service - 603-610-3000: Option 1

For Instructional Video - https://www.sigsauer.com/press-releases/mcx-mandatory-carriage-assembly-replacement-program

*Serial numbers 63C000044 – 63C003702 – Contact SIG Customer Service for instructions.
    *If you have replaced your trigger group with an aftermarket trigger please contact SIG Customer Service for instructions.
    *SIG SAUER Dealers should call designated Commercial Sales Support Representative.
    *Any MCX rifle with a serial number ending in 25000 or higher is exempt from this program.

Current Carriage Assembly
    jpeg

NEW Carriage Assembly with Firing Pin Lock
    jpeg

Last edited:

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    So the scuttlebut is that if you have an aftermarket trigger then you have to send the whole rifle in where they'll replace the trigger with a SSA (source from Reddit).

For those of us that have an approved Form 1 and have done a barrel chop, how does this work?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    More proof...stay away from firearms that are not built for military use because they are not fully and properly tested.

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    So does this mean that the rifle wasn't "extensively" tested during the design phase. It almost feels like the customer is the beta tester.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Bingo! Saves the company money. Like much of the newest and coolest, it's a commercial rifle they try to sell to the military, not a military rifle that is made available for public consumption.

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    SO,

Just out of curiosity I called Sig this morning about my Snakebite. It is of MCX design.

There are no issues but I want to replace the Spring Plate because it is the plastic one.

The customer service Rep said the plate that is in the gun has been tested to many thousands of rounds and they had no issues. I know that "Nothing Fancy" had one break on him while firing and from what I recall it was due to the plastic Spring Plate proving the reason for the recalls.

I asked the Rep if there was a metal replacement plate offered by Sig, his replay actually made me mad because he said "No we do not" at that point I had already did my home work and replied by saying...."Well Sig is shipping the Rattler with that same style Spring Plate which is Metal". There was a slight pause and he says....."Let me check on that". He comes back a few minutes later and says that "The plate in your gun is designed for that and if you ever have any issues to call them and they will work it out".

I do not want to pay Sig prices for anything plastic other than a grip or forend. After owning a gun of the MCX design for some time now I've also noticed that the front of the gun is open and if you fall forward while running or what ever the circumstance the recoil system could easily become packed with mud, dirt, debris, and deny further function of the gun. If you look into (An UNLOADED) front of the MCX gun you can see what I mean. If you remove the bolt and recoil assy and look through the back of the upper receiver of the MCX toward the front of the barrel you can see straight through from end to end. So, I will never call on this gun to defend me unless I know I wont trip and fall.

Ugh.

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    Dear Sig,

Thank you for giving me more jokes for my Sig owning friends.

Sincerely,
    Glock owner

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom