• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    So basically, since I have not been a member for a year, I cannot buy a Glock at the Cop Shop... for at least a year? Or am I reading this wrong? Originally, you could become a member, and then buy the gun right away, right?

You are sorta reading it wrong.

You read it correctly. No more buying a 1 yr membership and immediately buying a glock. If you purchase a multi-year membership you can buy one as soon as you get the double membership card.

If you were a member prior to May 1st you might be grandfathered in and can purchase one. I would call GSSF to confirm.

Correct.

Here's the math as I worked through it.

GSSF Glock 19 price=425-445 depending on which shop
    GSSF 2yr Membership=60
    GSSF includes 3rd Magazine= -20
    Total price GSSF=465-485+lock, appfee, tax

If your GSSF price is cheaper than your in store price then its a good deal (I found it to be a good deal).

Night Sights... I was told you can get the glock night sights for an additional 95 dollars. I had the guys at The Gun Shop install Trijicon Night Sights for 97 bucks (worth the extra few dollars to me because front sight is screwed in instead of staked)

fisunshine

Feb 17, 2010
    no gun works right out of the box, you need ammo first, duuuuuuuuuuuh.

well that and he wants a used glock that is the only reason it may work out of the box, b/c someone has already fixed and f*&ked with all the parts b/c everyone is a glock armorer
    hahaha

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    no gun works right out of the box, you need ammo first, duuuuuuuuuuuh.

well that and he wants a used glock that is the only reason it may work out of the box, b/c someone has already fixed and f*&ked with all the parts b/c everyone is a glock armorer
    hahaha

Yeah, I know all about that. I bought a Glock 17 RTF. It was a piece of junk right out of the box. If you took it apart to clean, the slide wouldn't go back on. The trigger is terrible and if you look at the gun carefully, it appears the slide sits on the frame crooked. The selling dealer took it apart, but didn't fix it. So finally, I sent it to Glock in Georgia and they got it to function. Glock indicated to me that the same issues existed with the "Gen" series. Pisses me off.

I don't know what happened to Glock. I bought one three years ago and it's the best handgun I own. I've shot it to death and it's still running strong.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Lots of recommendations for the cop shop. After my experience there I would not go back even if they offered me a gun for free & gas money to pick it up. Bunch of elitist "only cops should have guns" a-holes was my observation.

I tried buying a GSSF discount G20 there a couple years ago. Sam didn't feel like ordering one for me so kept trying to sell me anything else he had under the glass. Every time a cop walked in (which must have been every other minute) I got bumped to the back of the line while he shot the chit with the cops for ten minutes. Every f'n time! I got cash in hand ready to give him, polite as can be & he'd rather blow me off to not even do business with the cops who just walked in. After he does finally take my money & agree to order me a G20 he strings me along for more then 6 months giving me every excuse in the book about why its taking so long & gives me attitude about being impatient. "Glock is back-ordered, etc. You still sure you don't want the G29 I've got in stock?" So finally I call glock directly. Turns out Sam @ cop shop had lied to me all along! He never even placed my order! He did eventually refund my money but he lost both my GSSF coupon & membership card.

Long story short, Glock directed me to Ed's Public Safety (online) where on word from Glock my lost coupon would be honored. Ed's acted like the coupon wasn't even needed, like it was their regular price. Gun transferred @ Gun Connection. Total price actually saved me $50 on what it would have been @ the cop shop. (You pay shipping & transfer fees but save on sales tax, & something else I don't recall.)

So, F''' the cop shop & the horse they rode in on. If store & staff were swallowed up by a giant sink-hole from hell today it would put a smile on my face.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Lots of recommendations for the cop shop. After my experience there I would not go back even if they offered me a gun for free & gas money to pick it up. Bunch of elitist "only cops should have guns" a-holes was my observation.

I tried buying a GSSF discount G20 there a couple years ago. Sam didn't feel like ordering one for me so kept trying to sell me anything else he had under the glass. Every time a cop walked in (which must have been every other minute) I got bumped to the back of the line while he shot the chit with the cops for ten minutes. Every f'n time! I got cash in hand ready to give him, polite as can be & he'd rather blow me off to not even do business with the cops who just walked in. After he does finally take my money & agree to order me a G20 he strings me along for more then 6 months giving me every excuse in the book about why its taking so long & gives me attitude about being impatient. "Glock is back-ordered, etc. You still sure you don't want the G29 I've got in stock?" So finally I call glock directly. Turns out Sam @ cop shop had lied to me all along! He never even placed my order! He did eventually refund my money but he lost both my GSSF coupon & membership card.

Long story short, Glock directed me to Ed's Public Safety (online) where on word from Glock my lost coupon would be honored. Ed's acted like the coupon wasn't even needed, like it was their regular price. Gun transferred @ Gun Connection. Total price actually saved me $50 on what it would have been @ the cop shop. (You pay shipping & transfer fees but save on sales tax, & something else I don't recall.)

So, F''' the cop shop & the horse they rode in on. If store & staff were swallowed up by a giant sink-hole from hell today it would put a smile on my face.

You are not the only person on this forum to have an issue with the integrity of The Cop Shop.

Note: Engage Armament now also does GSSF. My next GSSF purchase will be through them.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    QUOTE]

Ed's Public Safety is the largest Glock dealer in the US. They are fantastic to work with. Funny enough I did my first GSSF purchase at The Cop Shop. Since that initial GSSF purchase I have done 2 more with Ed's Public Safety. They are just so easy to work with and friendly to boot. Sorry Cop Shop, but there are better dealers out there.
    You are not the only person on this forum to have an issue with the integrity of The Cop Shop.

Note: Engage Armament now also does GSSF. My next GSSF purchase will be through them.

+1 Although Ive done 1 GSSF purchase at The Cop Shop and 2 more through Ed's Public Safety, my next one will be with Andy and Ted at Engage. Its just to convenient a location to pass up.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel

Come to think of it, I'm not surprised. I got very cold treatment there until I stated that I wanted to buy an MIL/LE Glock and put my military ID on the counter. After that, everything was okay. I might give Engage Armament my business next time.

"The cop shop is the cheapest for glocks. I just put my paperwork in for my first gun last tuesday. I got a glock 19 gen 4 and paid $425. I'll pick it up this friday. All the other gun shops wanted 550-650 for the same gun."

Fixed it for ya!

?????
    You only fixed part of the grammatical mistakes. A good Grammar Nazi points out more than just run-on sentences!

The Cop Shop is the cheapest for Glocks. I just put my paperwork in for my first gun last Tuesday. I got a Glock 19, Gen 4 and paid $425. I'll pick it up this Friday. All the other gun shops wanted $550-$650 for the same gun."

I'll call your Grammar Nazi and raise you seven capitalizations, a comma and two dollar signs.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    Come to think of it, I'm not surprised. I got very cold treatment there until I stated that I wanted to buy an MIL/LE Glock and put my military ID on the counter. After that, everything was okay. I might give Engage Armament my business next time.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. The Cop Shop = "only cops should have guns" mentality. Might as well go do business with Dianne Feinstein or the Brady bunch. Treasonous bastards, all of them.

Anyone read what's on the back of the cop shop's business card? I don't remember what it said exactly but I do remember that it was something abrasive & indicative of their elitist views.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Try accurate pawn & tackle in elkridge. Gus gave me a good deal on my 17 back in March. Not internet cheap, but by the time you factor in shipping and a $40 transfer it was right in line. I believe he offers some sort of MDS discount as well, I don't know about mil/le. I never see them brought up on the forum, but I feel like I was treated pretty well in there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah we do the whole LE/MIL program through Glock. What was weird about GSSF was that we tried to sign up for that months ago when a member on MDS asked me about it. I couldnt get anyone to return my calls or emails. Then out of the blue a few weeks ago GSSF called us and said they want us on their list. Either way, we do it. However, it should be noted that our GSSF prices are not the ones found on their website and with those prices after shipping and our CC fees we'll take a loss. So theyre about $20-$40 more than their manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom