• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I may have to try and sneak away Sunday to hit this one...I am needing some 7.62 NATO...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I see this rates as one of the best gun shows. Are there going to be manufactures there or just alot more of the kind of vendors you see at the York show? York, Frederick and Timonium are the only ones I have been to. Im hoping to get a RRA 2 stage trigger, BCM bcg, and some other stuff. I know to be careful at gunshows because sadly, sometimes what they say is not always what you get. Think this would be a good place to get that stuff at a good price?

Last edited:

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    yeah i will be going up sat morning. Hoping to find some varget powder for cheaper than what i find here, and maybe even a fnh slp mk1 if they have one there. Maybe some primers and cheap bulk .223 bullets

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Saturday AM, was going to Louisville but my friend backed out, so it's my second choice

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Saturday AM, was going to Louisville but my friend backed out, so it's my second choice

Are there really honestly good deals to be had there on stuff like AR triggers, optics, grips, etc? Like enough of a good deal to make the gas and price of admission keep total amount spent less then paid online?

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I'm a collector and the ride is worth it. I'm sure most of us are tired of seeing the same old stuff sold by the same old dealers, that and the prices are a bit lower. I will make the trip in feb. The Show of Shows and the National Gun day shows in the same weekend is well worth the ride.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    it was total bullcrap, 8 dollars to park and 8 dollars to get in. Didn't see too many good deals really, just thankful that i found i think the last container of varget powder at tnt reloading and the last box of cci 41 primers. If i didn't get that stuff it would of been a total waste of time. Really enjoyed the huge table that was filled with socks and colored butterfly clips. I mean really come on, had to been over 1k pairs of socks

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Ugh, what a dog of a show. Not worth the trip. The only silver lining was that there were a few walk ins with M1 Carbines. I walked out empty handed.

06MegaCTD

Mar 16, 2009
    Hanover
    yeah for some reason i usually enjoy the york show much more. Think after paying 8 bucks to park i wouldn't care what they had there the show sucks after that haha.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    [BITCH]What the hell was up with having to pay $8.00 to park[/BITCH]

I got there around 1:30 and was really surprised that the turnout was so light. The selection was better than some other MD and PA shows I've been to recently. I ended up pickup up a few magazines for my Sig 522. I was tempted to pick up the 100 round drum, but decided to wait until the next show in Chantilly. I did see a couple of left handed Remington 700 .223 there which is nice for us lefties.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    it was total bullcrap, 8 dollars to park and 8 dollars to get in. Didn't see too many good deals really, just thankful that i found i think the last container of varget powder at tnt reloading and the last box of cci 41 primers. If i didn't get that stuff it would of been a total waste of time. Really enjoyed the huge table that was filled with socks and colored butterfly clips. I mean really come on, had to been over 1k pairs of socks

The sock's guy's motto is: "If yo' feet ain't happy, you ain't happy". He was set up at a Timonium show a couple years ago and I just had to laugh within side of myself and think what's next. Underwear; boxers or briefs?:lol2: Well after I got done laughing, about 5 minutes later I purchased about 5 or 6 dozen pairs of socks from him. Go figure:innocent0

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    I wasn't too pleased about the $8 parking, but I wasn't going to drive back to White Marsh after getting up there. You could always try to haggle $8 off your purchase :innocent0 I went with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Lots of Mosin's. Someone had an M60 on a pedastal mount, it was cool to look at. Some cool military stuff along the back side near the concession area.

I added another K98k to the collection. Price was marked $340. For fellow Mauser collectors the code is S/147/G :) Nice early one, in the correct stock. Only downside is it's an RC with the X and the PW Arms import stamp, but I'm not going to argue with the price. All marks and codes intact. The dealer had already stripped the varnish from the stock, so it looks good too. Pics coming soon, shes being cleaned now. They had 3-4 other ones, all priced similiarly.

The aisles were nice and wide at this show. No sardine packing going on. I really wish the show promoters would get rid of the beef jerky, dream catchers, shadow boxes, stun gun man, and the like at the other shows and use the extra space to open up the aisles. It helps you navigate the show and find what you want.

Last edited:

orangecrush

Aug 9, 2009
    cecil co.
    I went to both the York show and this one. They were about the same size but York seamed to have many more C&R stuff and this one more class III. It did suck big time having to pay the $8 parking. Was not figuring on it and next time it is there will not be going due to it. Prices were reasonable on most guns. Seen several Garands for $700, Mosins with round reciever $110, hex reciever for $129, yugo sks unissed $325, issued $285, Romanian sks $325 and a 1903 for a wopping $900. Seen some cci 400 for $109 for 5k too.

mrbig381

Nov 5, 2009
    southern Md
    Glad we decided to skip this one. The $8 parking does suck and won't be going away anytime soon. The complex has charged a parking fee since the eighties.
    Back in the day, Harrisburg was one of the best shows going.

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    The $8 to park then the $8 to get in :mad54:
    $16 just to get in the door of a gun show is over the top.
    All I walked away with was a few odds and ends and some high cap mags.
    Glad it rained all day ! Because had the weather been good I would have been even more disapointed , knowing I could have found something better to do with my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom