• Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    an hour and a half, not too far. Worth the ride

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    Do you think they will have spam cans of 7.62x54R there? I was looking to get some from AIM but if i can get some w/o $30 in shipping thats better.

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    Oh they'll have those 7.62r spam cans alright....Unlike maryland they will be filled with ammunition instead of dream catchers, beef jerky, beany babies (which I have actually seen at timonium), and pakistani knives.

Hynes57

Aug 4, 2010
    Charles Town, WV
    How are the prices compared to the MD shows? I find that some of the MD show prices (especially on ammo) is crazy high!

Also, AIM has $160 +$30ish shipping. Think i get get years worth of Mosin-Nagant shooting for less at the show?

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Ammo prices are a little cheaper but you can find some good deals and some others are HIGH, its a gun show.

Compared to Chantilly, its a close call but it all depends on what you are looking for. Chantilly has alot more of the Winchester Levers, Lugers, & C&R stuff. Harrisburg will not but will have plenty of black rifle and some class III.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    How do you guys like this? A gun show where your 2A rights should be encouraged, protected and is being profited from, and they want you to have insurance in order to exercise it.

"Absolutely no loaded firearms permitted in our show halls.

Double check your gun before you enter the show hall to be sure it is unloaded !!!

If you have a carry permit or are an off duty police officer from a municipality outside the jurisdiction of the show, be aware that you are personally responsible for your actions and if you insist on carrying a loaded firearm you must show proof of insurance to cover your actions. Our insurer will not allow loaded weapons in any of the show halls."

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    How do you guys like this? A gun show where your 2A rights should be encouraged, protected and is being profited from, and they want you to have insurance in order to exercise it.

"Absolutely no loaded firearms permitted in our show halls.

Double check your gun before you enter the show hall to be sure it is unloaded !!!

If you have a carry permit or are an off duty police officer from a municipality outside the jurisdiction of the show, be aware that you are personally responsible for your actions and if you insist on carrying a loaded firearm you must show proof of insurance to cover your actions. Our insurer will not allow loaded weapons in any of the show halls."

There is a good reason for this. The promoter of the Chantilly show is currently embroiled in a lawsuit from a lady who shot herself at one of their shows. She presented her pistol at the door, where they verified it was empty. Once inside, she put a loaded magazine in the pistol and accidentally (negligently) shot herself.

Yes, it was her own fault, but the promoter still has to "lawyer up" and it will still cost a minimum of $25K to put on a defense...

Jamie

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yes, it was her own fault, but the promoter still has to "lawyer up" and it will still cost a minimum of $25K to put on a defense...

I disagree, it was the gun or ammo manufacturers fault for failing to kill her out right when she pulled the trigger thus ensuring that she would not pass along her lackluster generic matter to her evil spawn.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    I get spam cans from Wideners delivered to DE for $93...Russian 1980s light ball. Shots just fine in all my MNs.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    There is a good reason for this. The promoter of the Chantilly show is currently embroiled in a lawsuit from a lady who shot herself at one of their shows. She presented her pistol at the door, where they verified it was empty. Once inside, she put a loaded magazine in the pistol and accidentally (negligently) shot herself.

Jamie

I understand, but you can't project the neglegence of one moron on the rest of us. Isn't this what we are all fighting for? Not all people with guns are criminals. If this reaction was spread to other areas, you might as well ..... live in MD:)

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I understand, but you can't project the neglegence of one moron on the rest of us. Isn't this what we are all fighting for? Not all people with guns are criminals. If this reaction was spread to other areas, you might as well ..... live in MD:)

If you can't get insurance, there will be no gun show.

But you'll still have your principles...

And we project the negligence of morons on the rest of us every day. Insurance in general does exactly that!

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom