• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Anyone familiar with this company? TMGN is carrying 17 Design lowers and was curious if anyone has used them. I've been thinking about buying a billet and forged lower to try them out.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    That's an interesting lower. Let me know how you like it.

17 Design looks like a smaller company that has that quality side still intact. I might just go ahead and get it and give a review.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's an interesting lower. Let me know how you like it.

17 Design looks like a smaller company that has that quality side still intact. I might just go ahead and get it and give a review.

Yeah, I would like to hear more on them. The finishing work looks top notch.

I deleted my first post. I didn't want to run your thread off the rails so soon...:D

19smiller

Nov 11, 2021
    No personal experience with them, but AIM Surplus is carrying them as well and the lowest review they have (out of 35) is a three out of five. Only complaint was magwell is a little tight. Although online reviews aren’t really a good determination.

Looks like they’ve milled it out to save some of the bulk and I like the threaded bolt catch roll pin.

Personally I’d pick up the matching upper to go with it.

I may have to get one to check it out. Looks really nice.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You're good. You should have left it. I'm always looking for ways to blow my kids inheritance.

I sure could use one of their buffers for my build. I don't think they offer them yet.

Maybe I'll post up some pics when I get it finished.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well here she is. Just finished assembly. I'm sure I will have to tinker with the buffer and spring. For now, the solid 7.5oz buffer is in and I have a blue Sprinco spring in it, which I'm sure will end up as a miss-match. I really want to run an H-2 or H-3 in it since it's a CMMG RDB bolt carrier and barrel. I have yet to run some dummy rounds through it(still looking for them:o), but everything visually lines up so...

Attachments

• new1.jpg
      new1.jpg
      68.3 KB · Views: 125
    • new2.jpg
      new2.jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 131
    • new3.jpg
      new3.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 131
    • new4.jpg
      new4.jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 128

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Well here she is. Just finished assembly. I'm sure I will have to tinker with the buffer and spring. For now, the solid 7.5oz buffer is in and I have a blue Sprinco spring in it, which I'm sure will end up as a miss-match. I really want to run an H-2 or H-3 in it since it's a CMMG RDB bolt carrier and barrel. I have yet to run some dummy rounds through it(still looking for them:o), but everything visually lines up so...

That looks great. Thanks for posting.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    I've never heard any complaints on the AR Facebook pages about them. Primary Arms is always running sales on the 17 Design stuff if you're on their email list.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

That thing is badass. Well done Sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom