• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Seems to be threaded or have a flash hider. Doesn't folding count as a second "evil feature" per MD law?

I think you are right. From this thread:

Q: What are the evil features for semi-auto centerfire rifles that take detachable mags?
    A: The list is:
    1. Folding stock
    2. Grenade or flare launcher
    3. Flash hider

I guess one would have to replace the hider with an acceptable muzzle device for the upper. Maybe a brake (?)

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Also keep in mind you don't HAVE to install a folder if you just get the upper and replace on an exiting lower. What I find interesting is that doing so may change the rifle from an HBAR clone to a non-clone.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Also keep in mind you don't HAVE to install a folder if you just get the upper and replace on an exiting lower. What I find interesting is that doing so may change the rifle from an HBAR clone to a non-clone.

This is not an AR clone. You should not need a HBAR.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Know a couple people that got one. It's basically DI with the carrier cut off behind the firing pin, the carrier rides on a guide rod above the gas tube in a tall gas key with coax recoil springs between the back of the key and rear of the upper where a charging handle would normally be. The gas block is fixed, and there is no buffer, so the action is tuned by springs only, and includes unsuppressed, mixed, and suppressed only rates. This makes the rail taller, and a greater height over bore for 1.5" over rail " AR height" optics. The side charger is a love it-hate it thing, it kinda gets in the way of the support hand running on the weak side. It is really cool, and will probably get one at some point, supposedly suppresses decent, but has a little sharper recoil than a properly tuned ar15. Really want them to make a short < 8" 300BO model with a form 1 and Zukov stock adapter. With any AR this far from mil spec it's a risk if it doesn't catch on, being most of the parts are single source proprietary.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I think you are right. From this thread:

Q: What are the evil features for semi-auto centerfire rifles that take detachable mags?
    A: The list is:
    1. Folding stock
    2. Grenade or flare launcher
    3. Flash hider

I guess one would have to replace the hider with an acceptable muzzle device for the upper. Maybe a brake (?)

You could also add a grenade or flare launcher. That way you don't have two of the list.

(h) Copycat weapon. --
    (1) "Copycat weapon" means:
    (i) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has any two of the following:
    1. a folding stock;
    2. a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
    3. a flash suppressor;

apparently they left out "or more" so having three of the items is acceptable.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

This makes sense to me.

I still have some pre-ban lowers. About 25. Maybe I’ll make a couple with all 3. Been meaning to get a grenade launcher.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just to clarify for everyone else, you absolutely have two of those items if you also have three of them. :)

I would say that the only way this thing really makes sense is to use a folding stock, which means you want to put a brake on it. Unfortunately, a folder also prohibits using a suppressor on it while you're in MD, which is a real shame. That said, if they come out with a 6.5-8" version for 300AAC, it may be on the buy list for my pre-ban SBR...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just to clarify for everyone else, you absolutely have two of those items if you also have three of them. :)

I would say that the only way this thing really makes sense is to use a folding stock, which means you want to put a brake on it. Unfortunately, a folder also prohibits using a suppressor on it while you're in MD, which is a real shame. That said, if they come out with a 6.5-8" version for 300AAC, it may be on the buy list for my pre-ban SBR...

Make it a pistol or SBR it. Fuggem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom