• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    All,

Any recommendations for outdoor ranges near New Market and/or Frederick MD? I want to find a solid place to shoot long rifles, pistols, black powder, heck everything, cross bow, Compound.

Thanks

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Thanks for the suggestions, I looked at Cresap, location is great for me, but appears to be a tough one to join. Public hours only on Sunday between 9 and 3 and very busy, at least it was the few times I went there to check it out.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Damascus or Mt. Airy IWLA will definitely fit the bill for all things shooting and bow. Both have rifle, pistol, trap, skeet, 5-stand, and bow. They require joining though, and sometimes the wait-lists can be very long.

Cresap is good for outdoor while waiting on a membership elsewhere. It's Sunday only for the public, but it's a good range. Meanwhile, for skeet and trap for the public, while waiting for a membership somewhere, Tuscarora Gun Club is great with Wednesday night and Saturday morning public hours.

IIRC, Cresap shouldn't have a long waiting list or tough requirements. They were actually less "tough" in terms of a time commitment than the IWLA last I checked. The same goes for Tuscarora. You could feasibly get a membership at each if the wait-lists anywhere else are too long.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Thanks again, I hoped someone would recommend IWLA. It's been on my to do list for a while. Will make an effort to get a membership there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom