• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimm2

Jan 1, 2013
    GAITHERSBURG
    I am looking for any input on Hi Point Carbines. I am thinking of buying one and not too sure of this product. If you know anybody or anyone selling a Hi Point 45 caliber please let me know.

Thank You,
    Slimm2

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I've had a Hi-point 4095 carbine for 10 years. After thousands of rounds, no complaints. You can be sure you're buying a quality product (the pistols I've found iffy, but the carbines in 9mm and 40 I've had nothing but great experiences... after I buy a 995 I'm geting a 4595 next). Have any problems, ship it back for repair or replacement, no questions asked. They usually ship back a free mag for your troubles as well. Back when Hi-Point Firearms Forums was privately owned (not by the company that bought them out) the owner and chief designer/engineer were active members of the forum. Great company, top to bottom.

No, I don't work for them, I just love their product.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    First carbine ever bought for me was a 995 in 9mm. It wouldn't win any beauty pageants, but it was cheap, solidly built, and surprisingly accurate.

Out of thousands of rounds, I think I had maybe 3 malfunctions - those were attributed to cheap bulk ammo or being beyond filthy.

For the money, a great pistol caliber carbine.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have been offered insane amounts of money for my 995. I paid less than $120 used for mine. Ordered an ATI stock and it looks great. It also feels solid with that stock....doesn't feel cheap. I think it looks better than the Beretta.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Hi-Point Carbines? My advice is to run while you still can (kidding).

They're fun, reliable plinkers as long as you remember that's all they'll ever be. The problem is one leads to two and two leads to four... :banghead:

Good thing they haven't come out with a carbine in .380. Heck, I'd have one of those too...:innocent0

Attachments

• Hi-Points Three.jpg
      Hi-Points Three.jpg
      68.5 KB · Views: 603
    • HP4595 10_27_10.jpg
      HP4595 10_27_10.jpg
      42.1 KB · Views: 605

Maineliner

"Make Ready"
    Dec 28, 2012
    Bethesda, MD
    I have one in .45, did the mag conversion to run 1911 mags for redundancy with my 1911(requires modification of the mag catch, you can google it up).

Runs best with factory ammo and stainless mags like Wilson. Have some FTF's and other small issues but nothing that's a deal breaker.

Surprisingly accurate as posted above. I've been right on out to 50 yds with the irons.

The giggle factor is high as the holes are big.

Wouldn't pay more than $400.

HondoMD

Mar 8, 2011
    Have had a 9mm Hi Point for several years as well as a 9mm handgun. Not going to win any beauty pageants but reliable as heck and require little maintenance...Their customer service is excellent.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    A couple family members have hi point carbines in 9mm. When in WV, on private property, they mount them on the front of 4wheelers. They take some mud and water abuse and still shoot fine. Blue Fins in Dundalk, as mentioned, usually has a few...

brighid

Feb 6, 2013
    here
    I have the 9mm carbine and it's always treated me well. For the price, and as someone else mentioned the warranty, it's a decent buy.

hutchinsonkw

Dec 18, 2012
    Central Md
    I have one in 9mm and like it so much I am looking for another in .40 2A sales had a .45 carbine, for $380 i believe, less than a week ago. I have not been back since to know if it is still there.

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Anyone looking to sell one in 9MM or know where I can find one for a reasonable price? I had the Beretta storm and loved it but the wife could not justify me keeping it after she found out how much it cost.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    Great carbines. I have the 995 and a 4095.

Only advice that I can give would be to stick to the original 10 round magazines. I have had zero luck with the only aftermarket mags available which are 15 round Promags.

Otherwise, great weapons. I shoot Tula through them and have ZERO problems. Mine are the original, first generation models with the solid black stocks. I can't speak for the newer models with the skeleton style stocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom