• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Love the CZ collection! I am drooling over them all but especially that 97B. CZ's rule.:party29:

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I love CZs. Haven't found another fun that fits me better or is more accurate in my hands.

OP, just out of curiosity which of the two triggers (Omega vs original) do you prefer? I've shot both and liked the older style better, but it was also broken in. Just curious what your experience has been.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I love CZs. Haven't found another fun that fits me better or is more accurate in my hands.

OP, just out of curiosity which of the two triggers (Omega vs original) do you prefer? I've shot both and liked the older style better, but it was also broken in. Just curious what your experience has been.

I prefer the original style trigger as well. It just seems to have a cleaner break. The Omega is smoother throughout the pull but not as pronounced.

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    Ahhh... My favorite subject... CZ Handguns!

I have several myself. I simply cannot get over how accurate my CZ-P-01 is. I just love the thing. I also have a CZ-75b SA that I had czcustom work over for me. Here it is...

Attachments

• 732639568_Dqnys-L.jpg
      732639568_Dqnys-L.jpg
      139 KB · Views: 188
    • 732623082_GKzUC-Th.jpg
      732623082_GKzUC-Th.jpg
      4.9 KB · Views: 188

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Ahhh... My favorite subject... CZ Handguns!

I have several myself. I simply cannot get over how accurate my CZ-P-01 is. I just love the thing. I also have a CZ-75b SA that I had czcustom work over for me. Here it is...

What distance is that target at?

I love those grips, I wonder if they are IDPA legal.

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    What distance is that target at?

I love those grips, I wonder if they are IDPA legal.

25 yards. I believe they are IDPA legal. I could not shoot the above gun in IDPA though because I had the firing pin block removed. The trigger pull is so sweet...

Now, I have to admit that I did not shoot that well at 25 yards. That was done at czcustom probably off of a ransom rest. Shows you how accurate the gun can be though. :)

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Nice collection there Jar. Question for you. Does all of the CZ pistol models use half lenght plastic guide rod? I have a 97B that I could not believe that the guide rod is made of plastic, not sure what it is, but I am sure it is not made of steel.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Nice collection there Jar. Question for you. Does all of the CZ pistol models use half lenght plastic guide rod? I have a 97B that I could not believe that the guide rod is made of plastic, not sure what it is, but I am sure it is not made of steel.
    Four of my five have a guide rod made of Glock frames too, the other has an aftermarket stainless steel rod someone installed trying to solve a non-existent problem.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Four of my five have a guide rod made of Glock frames too, the other has an aftermarket stainless steel rod someone installed trying to solve a non-existent problem.

I was actually looking for a SS replacement rod for this gun, I thought ,,,you know, plastic is inferior than Solid SS:-)

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    :D

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-Stainless-Steel-Guide-Rod.aspx

FWIW, I see MANY folks express concern with the polymer rods when they first realize that's what is used, but no one ever seems to break one. Mine show a slight bend when removed from the gun, but they're captured on each end when installed and surrounded by the spring - doesn't seem to be anyplace to go or even a desire to leave.

The alloy frames should probably retain the polymer rod, due to some situations where battering of the frame occurs where the rod seats. No issues with steel frame guns and steel guide rods, but I suspect CZ just standardized on the one type rod that works fine in everything.

Last edited:

smay999

Aug 24, 2009
    Very nice!

I recently ordered a CZ-83 -- look forward to trying it out at the range. The CZ-75B Compact is one I'm considering. I like the all-steel construction. Polymer just doesn't do it for me.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I'm now a CZ adherent too. Purchased my first 97B a few months ago. Love their rifles but can't afford one yet. I'm drooling looking at these collections.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I'm a bit of an addict. I'm considering a CZ-82 right now. Anyone know what the difference is between the standard CZ-82 and the us re-barreled ones that century is selling?

Arko

Aug 3, 2010
    The 75 has remained one of my top favorites for years. Scary accurate for me.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I have a CZ-52 handgun and Vz-58 rifle. Both are great shooters and love how easy they are to disassemble and clean.

I would like to have a CZ-75 and maybe CZ-97 handgun one day but do not have the funds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom