• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I think I saw when I ordered that Battlehawk has an “all sales final”, so any issues would need to be handled by SDS. Honestly if there are any problems it will meet the chop saw and I’ll get an actual Benelli.

I ordered from Battlehawk also and it did say all sales were final. Also there is a 10% cancellation fee if you cancel.

$375.44 shipped is a pretty damned good price that I feel like I'd be kicking myself for not buying a few years down the line. Decided on just one for now. :gun2:

Found a friend of a friend with an FFL with a $40 transfer fee.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I ordered from Battlehawk also and it did say all sales were final. Also there is a 10% cancellation fee if you cancel.

$375.44 shipped is a pretty damned good price that I feel like I'd be kicking myself for not buying a few years down the line. Decided on just one for now. :gun2:

Did you remember to use the 25% off coupon code?

Just kidding!!!

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines

I'm in the same predicament. I found an FFL very close to me with a $30 transfer fee.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Shot a box of WWB 8 shot walmart stuff through it today, held the gun upside down sideways etc away from my body without shoulder contact and the gun was eating them up. Had two Failure to lock back with last round though.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Am I missing the reason for replacing the stock? Just want a cool looking collapsible stock?

To me the whole point is to get a cheap Benelli clone. I'm currently sitting at $400 out the door, I'd like to replace the cheapest parts possible unless there is junk part that just has to go (sounds like extractor may be one).

Seems like mag body, follower, and handguard may be the cheapest route to a 7 shot 922r compliant gun?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Shot a box of WWB 8 shot walmart stuff through it today, held the gun upside down sideways etc away from my body without shoulder contact and the gun was eating them up. Had two Failure to lock back with last round though.

Excellent!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Am I missing the reason for replacing the stock? Just want a cool looking collapsible stock?

To me the whole point is to get a cheap Benelli clone. I'm currently sitting at $400 out the door, I'd like to replace the cheapest parts possible unless there is junk part that just has to go (sounds like extractor may be one).

Seems like mag body, follower, and handguard may be the cheapest route to a 7 shot 922r compliant gun?
    I didn’t go with a collapsible stock, just a mesa tactical urbino stock to reduce length of pull to allow for a more modern shooting stance. But to speak to your question in a general sense, I’m putting the same parts on my S4 that I would put on a Benelli M4. It gives me a good quality tactical shotgun with the features I want for $1000-$15000 less than I would pay for a Benelli M4.

I was assuming there would be more to replace than just the extractor and extractor spring, but those seem to be the only ones that are necessary. I’m still skeptical that junk like my stash of Stars and Stripes ammo will cycle 100% in it after that, but maybe it will.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The factory stock is way, way too long. Just like on a real Benelli M4. If you run your guns closer to centerline than shoulder pocket (which is the way I was taught), shorter is better. It also gives you a 922r part and probably a better recoil pad. This thing where you buy a cheap gun and then invest zero dollars in it is foolish. I'm still saving $1200 over a real Benelli M4, which I would have done the same thing to.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The factory stock is way, way too long. Just like on a real Benelli M4. If you run your guns closer to centerline than shoulder pocket (which is the way I was taught), shorter is better. It also gives you a 922r part and probably a better recoil pad. This thing where you buy a cheap gun and then invest zero dollars in it is foolish. I'm still saving $1200 over a real Benelli M4, which I would have done the same thing to.

LOP did seem long. May make sense to replace the stock since the hand guard seems functional enough.

I would say it’s personal preference. I think buying a Turkish $400 shotgun and spending $600 on upgrades is foolish like buying a $10,000 car and dumping $15,000 of upgrades into it. But doesn’t bother me if other people do it.

922r is a total bitch for both the real deal and the clones. I just want a legal normal capacity shotgun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    LOP did seem long. May make sense to replace the stock since the hand guard seems functional enough.

I would say it’s personal preference. I think buying a Turkish $400 shotgun and spending $600 on upgrades is foolish like buying a $10,000 car and dumping $15,000 of upgrades into it. But doesn’t bother me if other people do it.
    Nah, I do it all the time. I've got a Razor Gen3 on a gun that cost way under $2000, and a $2500 scope on my $1200 Ruger Precision Rifle. Gun needs to do a job. It gets the equipment to do it.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD

As soon as I saw the pics of this thing I thought the same thing—the stock seems a mile long. I figured I could just order any one of a dozen cheap collapsible stocks and fix the problem but man these are expensive. I’ve looked at Benellis a couple of times and the price immediately had me out so I guess I didn’t know the accessories matched the gun price tag.

I’ll give the existing stock a try and then decide from there but I can’t see myself spending a lot more than $200, even that seems overpriced for a fixed plastic stock. I guess I’d still be way south of an M4 price even classing this thing up with expensive bolt ons.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The LOP on the civilian m4 is around 14.5”
    That’s fine on a shotgun that uses a bead sight. But for a shotgun that has ghost ring sights, it’s too long.

The S4 has the same LOP. For me, 12 to 12.5” LOP is optimal. That’s why I opted for the Mesa tactical Urbino stock.

For a real M4. I would do the same thing. The stock LOP was the first thing that needs correction. The stock and matching hand guards count as two 922r parts, added a us made follower. That’s three parts.
    At this point , a two round mag extension is legal to add. Which brings the mag capacity to 7 rounds.

That’s about 250 bucks worth of parts added. At 650.00 bucks, it’s still a good deal.

Once it’s proven itself dependable. Then adding more enhancements , such as optics and other accessories is reasonable.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017

922r is a total bitch for both the real deal and the clones. I just want a legal normal capacity shotgun.
    since we are using made up numbers: What if you end up with exactly what you want for $25,000 instead of paying $70,000 for something that you still have to dump $15k worth of parts in to get what you want? Do you leave all firearms stock, or only buy firearms that do exactly what you want out of the box with zero customization?

Personally I will customize any firearm I purchase any way I want to make it do what I want. I don’t think I have ever bought a firearm that is 100% what I want out of the box. I don’t care if it was $5 or $5000 dollars.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    The LOP on the civilian m4 is around 14.5”
    That’s fine on a shotgun that uses a bead sight. But for a shotgun that has ghost ring sights, it’s too long.

The S4 has the same LOP. For me, 12 to 12.5” LOP is optimal. That’s why I opted for the Mesa tactical Urbino stock.

For a real M4. I would do the same thing. The stock LOP was the first thing that needs correction. The stock and matching hand guards count as two 922r parts, added a us made follower. That’s three parts.
    At this point , a two round mag extension is legal to add. Which brings the mag capacity to 7 rounds.

That’s about 250 bucks worth of parts added. At 650.00 bucks, it’s still a good deal.

Once it’s proven itself dependable. Then adding more enhancements , such as optics and other accessories is reasonable.

Gotcha, I guess the collapsible idea is out the window and the Urbino is the way to go. I see it for $135ish.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Gotcha, I guess the collapsible idea is out the window and the Urbino is the way to go. I see it for $135ish.

Honestly. The urbino stock is so much more comfortable to shoot compared to the m4 c-stock.

The factory c-stock is currently going from 6-1000 bucks. In addition to that, the recoil tube will have to be replaced to accommodate the c-stock . That’s about 350 bucks for an aftermarket version and unobtainable if you’re looking for a Benelli part. I recently saw one on eBay that sold for 1k.

You can get a Turkish c-stock from New Zealand ( includes the recoil spring tube ) for about 350. But those are back ordered at this time.

Benelli parts is taking pre orders for the c-stock for 600 bucks. Lol

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    If you’re getting the urbino stock. Get the one with the cheek piece / riser. Just in case you’re upgrading to an optic later on. The comb on the urbino is perfect for the ghost rings. But too low if you mount a red dot. The adjustable cheek piece resolves that issue. Why a red dot ? People get older , eyes get older. Shooting slugs can take the effective range of your m4 clone to about 200 yards.

I usually have a couple of 3” magnum slugs on the side saddle. This gives me an effective range of up to 250 yards.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Botach has a good deal on the urbino stock. I paid 199 for the set that I bought. Includes the 12.5 lop stock. Cheek rest, sling attachment points , limbsaver recoil pad and an aluminum 8-shell sidesaddle with optics rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom