• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Are they still billing the dual mechanism as a "do all" gun like the SPAS 12? Pump for low power and less than lethal loads and automatic for bigger shells?
    This thing has had next to zero marketing. I assume it'll cycle buck/slugs in semi-auto mode, and that's about it. Could be that a new extractor/spring will help it with birdshot, but who knows?

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I'll let you know what I discover. Note that I am ASSUMING this is the same gun as the Tristar Tec-12, but there's really no guarantee that I won't encounter Tac-12 vs S4 -style differences in its construction and parts selection. Depending on the choices, those may even be beneficial - for example, if they used the same recoil tube as on the S4 (even though there's no actual recoil assembly to put in it), that might let me use a Mesa Urbino. We'll see.

I believe it and the Tec-12 are the same gun due to the fact that if you look through the manual the gun pictured inside has the old lines on the receiver that the Tec-12 featured.

Also for content heres the Benelli buffer spring vs the Aksa S4 buffer spring, it has a matte finish and is a few coils longer.

Attachments

• 19F15B20-34F5-4F15-8676-3E64031267D3.jpg
      19F15B20-34F5-4F15-8676-3E64031267D3.jpg
      110.7 KB · Views: 279

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I hit it with a file, but the coating was pretty hard.

I did buy an SDS Duo-Sys (M3 clone), and will start a thread about it when it comes in, including tear-down photos. Assuming it's roughly the same thing as the Tec-12, I think I have a solution for a stock that will suck less than factory. With that, a new follower, and a US made choke, I believe I will be past the 922r cut-off and can start figuring out the magazine tube extension situation.

I didn't like the factory stock on my Tec 12, it was too long for me. I installed a universal ATI stock and like it a lot. It has multiple adapter plates, I think the Tristar Raptor one was the one I used, but I could be wrong. You can even put AR stocks on it. I love the Tec 12, I hope the SDS Duo is just as good.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I didn't like the factory stock on my Tec 12, it was too long for me. I installed a universal ATI stock and like it a lot. It has multiple adapter plates, I think the Tristar Raptor one was the one I used, but I could be wrong. You can even put AR stocks on it. I love the Tec 12, I hope the SDS Duo is just as good.
    Will yours cycle birdshot in semi mode?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I wouldn't keep anything for HD without thoroughly vetting it. That being said a whole lot of homes are guarded by cheap pump shotguns, I know I know more reliable because of simplicity. Point is money doesn't necessarily buy dependability nor the correct item for a given application.

I keep a police trade in 870 for HD. It's ugly and if I lose it to the police one day I won't be as upset as if I lost an M4.

I used to do almost all my hunting with a Browning BPS. I did alright with it. Bought an o/u to shoot skeet and was shooting skeet really well. A buddy to me with him to hunt ducks around Elliott's Island in the marsh. I took the cheaper BPS with me because I did not want my o/u around saltwater. The gun never failed. I just could not hit anything on the second or third shot. Decided to work on my shooting with it by taking it skeet shooting. I was so late on the second bird that it was behind the house before I could even attempt to swing on it. That was the last time I used the pump for hunting.

Yes, money does not guarantee functionality. A gold plated Yugo will not beat a Ferrari. However, when it comes to performance and reliability, most thing earn a higher price tag because they are better. Well, either better and/or exclusive. As we know now, the $120,000 Tesla Plaid S will smoke a $2,000,000 Bugatti.

Funny how people like to use particular quotes on this board until the quote does not jive with their point of view. "Buy once, cry once."

Nobody is going to tell me that a Beretta is a pile of crap, or a Benelli for that matter. Next, somebody is going to tell me that a Stoeger o/u is just as good as a Beretta o/u, or that a Chevy is as good as a Ford (lol).

End of the day, for the most part, not always, but for the most part, price tag usually equates to quality. If these Turkish knockoffs end up being just as reliable as the Benelli, then we will either see a price drop on the Benelli or more innovation by Benelli/Beretta.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That's awesome. I'm not using this for home defense. I would not encourage others to, at least until they vet it out themselves. Having people lecture me about 100% performance is also vaguely hilarious given how often I shoot matches. I repeat: 95% of the performance for 25% of the cost is worth a discussion. If you need 100% performance and believe a legit Benelli M4 will give you this, this is not the thread for you. Please feel free to not participate.

Maybe the "Benelli M4 or bust" crowd could find some other thread to pat themselves on the back in? :sad20:

Also, my S4 has an Aridus QD-C setup on it, but I didn't find that germane to the discussion.

Yeah, you would not make a good attorney. You failed to realize on two occasions how I left myself wiggle room. As near to 100% as possible. That means less than 100%.

Not a lecture, just a sermon. lol

Honestly, I don't care what gun you choose to shoot.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, you would not make a good attorney. You failed to realize on two occasions how I left myself wiggle room. As near to 100% as possible. That means less than 100%.

Not a lecture, just a sermon. lol

Honestly, I don't care what gun you choose to shoot.
    Yeah, you didn't understand what I wrote, either. You do you, just kindly stop shitposting in threads.

Sirex