• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    No, every time there is an error, the 7 days starts over when the correct info is submitted. Has NOTHING to do with the first, second, third or 400th submission by your FFL. Your FFL f'd up royally and owes you a favor business-wise

Dancingturd

Mar 23, 2021
    Frederick County
    I didnt see anything in the previous pages, but if you do not have Collectors designation, you have to wait 30 days. Got it. But i purchased a firearm on the same day the dealer submitted the 77R. But when reading the last page in the 77R application it says you could not sell, buy, transfer, etc. until AFTER you got the not disapproved letter (7 days later). So basically, is it 30 days from purchase? or 30 days from receiving the firearm? Also if you can buy the gun before the not disapproved letter comes back. Thanks!

Feb 17, 2009
    I called, putting self employed is not an acceptable career on the app. Had to resubmit, gun shop said I should have gotten an email from msp, which I didn't. I hate this state.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I called, putting self employed is not an acceptable career on the app. Had to resubmit, gun shop said I should have gotten an email from msp, which I didn't. I hate this state.

That's just stupid. What the Hell difference does it make to the state what you do for a living? Should have told them Free Range Pharmaceutical Distributor.

Good news is once you save all that on the MSP licensing portal next time all that should pop right up

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I had the same thing happen to me and it's driving me crazy. I hate that I put an occupation but it wasn't descriptive enjoy so now I have to keep waiting.:mad54:

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I have put "self employed" on every 77R, but last week I did not get my "Not Disapproved" email on the 8th day.
    Turns out "self employed" is no longer a noble occupation with the MSP.
    In fact, it is so low of an occupation that that don't bother to email you that there was an issue.

That's just stupid. What the Hell difference does it make to the state what you do for a living? Should have told them Free Range Pharmaceutical Distributor.

Good news is once you save all that on the MSP licensing portal next time all that should pop right up

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So, what do you think would happen if someone put "unemployed" on a 77r? Definitely a lawsuit there if MSP denied.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I had the same thing happen to me and it's driving me crazy. I hate that I put an occupation but it wasn't descriptive enjoy so now I have to keep waiting.:mad54:

Your FFL can release your purchase on the 8th day even without MSP approval.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have put "self employed" on every 77R, but last week I did not get my "Not Disapproved" email on the 8th day.
    Turns out "self employed" is no longer a noble occupation with the MSP.
    In fact, it is so low of an occupation that that don't bother to email you that there was an issue.

Yeah the last 77R I did was at Engage on Black Friday and Andy told me the same thing. He actually had to email MSP and get them to change it so it would go through. Still trying to figure out why MSP needs it, it's none of their f'ing business.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The whole thing is ridiculous. I put my occupation as VNG Tech. Do you really think anybody in the MSP Licensing office even knows what that is?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Same here, Their system HAS our email, as we get emailed the "Not Disapproved notice". But the ONLY way to find out there was an issue is when you log in to the portal to find out why they are late with the "Not disapproved" ,, And THEN the 7 days starts over!

Yeap, was submitted on Dec. 10th, I wouldn't care too much if I had received an email about the mistake but I didn't.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I think the 7 days can only start over if the 77r is actually DISAPPROVED. A late Disapproval is a mess because they want you to return the gun if you have taken possession.

ETA: I had a 77r disapproved once because the FFL put an extra letter in the firearm model and it became a model not on the roster, fortunately I had not taken possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom