• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    My neighbor works for the railroad and he recently saw a pretty big mountain lion walk in front of the railroad car he was riding on.

The interesting thing about it is that he saw it within the city limits of Sioux City, Iowa. On the south side of the town there's an area with large grass fields around the city water treatment facility. It is bordered on the east side by some high bluffs. Just on the east side of those bluffs is where Sioux City's residential housing and apartments begin. The Missouri River, I-29 and the railroad tracks are on the west side of the fields.

Deer feed on the grass fields in the winter and I could see them at dusk this winter grazing in those fields. I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks and now I think I know why.

I'm going to do a You Tube video of my neighbor with him describing what he saw etc. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Here's a video of the area where it was sighted. I-29 and the railroad track is to the left of the monument on the hill. The fields where I saw the deer is to the right behind the water treatment place. There's a heavily populated area (for this region at least) behind the hills to the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBPQnzEfqbc

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I would suspect it is an illegal pet, that was dumped when it grew too large to keep at home.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I had two cougars in my back yard fighting with a house cat that roams around at night. Dense suburban location just 10 miles or so from Washington DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom