• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Did any of you build an uzi before the great noguns of 2013? I'm considering buying all the parts because..free state and all. Just wondering what people who have built them experience was with it. It seems like a very simple assembly process than a intricate build. More like assembling an AR15 than Building an AK or FAL.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Did any of you build an uzi before the great noguns of 2013? I'm considering buying all the parts because..free state and all. Just wondering what people who have built them experience was with it. It seems like a very simple assembly process than a intricate build. More like assembling an AR15 than Building an AK or FAL.

very simple build if you get the Mckay receiver. I bent a flat but that was a total pain in the ass. get the semi auto parts the full auto bolt in the parts kit sell to recoup some money

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Guess I shouldn't have bought so many different receivers months ago during the panic. I have receivers for guns I have limited knowledge of. And that doesn't count the 80%'ers I bent up ( pre FOR 2014 )

thanks for the input A/F. I'll have to do more research on my inventory.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Basically, if it's illegal to buy now, it's illegal to build or finish a receiver at this point. :(

If you have a complete pre-october receiver, have at it and post pics. :) my post was addressing completing an 80 now.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Thanks A/F ..... I was a panic buyer and bought as much as I could when I could. I defiantly appreciate your advice!! Now the bigger problem is figuring out what I have jammed into the safe.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Just remember the semiauto uzi pistol is one of the few on the MD assault pistols list. Predates SB281 by a long time and illegal to build even if you had the receiver done pre-Oct. You can still build a rifle. An SBR will likely be <29" so thats probably out too.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Again, I appreciate the advice! At the time I was buying all this stuff I didn't really look into the details. I have AR / AK and a bunch of parts I was just thinking that the Uzi would be the easiest build to start off with.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom