• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Feb 28, 2013
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm basing this upon what I read from Norton's post...
    Solomonscommune informed the restaurant owner that he/she was being bashed on MDS. The owner joined MDS.
    Why is everyone bashing Solomonscommune? If this happened to a business owner I know, I would have done the same thing.
    I do not see anything wrong with what he did and I agree with his actions.

I think SolomonsCommune IS the restaurant owner.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear about your circumstances, and I'm glad it all worked out.

The LEOs and Sheriff Cameron in St Mary's are top notch in their professional conduct and person interactions I've ever had with them. And almost every deputy I've dealt with is very pro Constituion/2A. Be happy we have them instead of a JBT Gestapo force like many other areas of MD.

So you think seizing someones legal property without due process is Top Notch ? :lol:
    Seems like within a few hours Tim realized woops its out in the view of the world I seized someone legal property without cause and I need to hurry up and give it back.

My guess is that you are either friends with Tim and or you work for Tim.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What's the deal with UPS changing the mailing label between the time the Sender dropped it off and the restaurant receiving it?

Why would UPS think it knows where a package should go…. better than the person shipping it?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If USPS did the drop, what gives them the idea that a shipping address needs to be "fixed"?

This part of the story makes no sense whatsoever...

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    The typical LEO is not an idiot but not a rocket scientist either. Most are as confused about the ever changing gun laws as the public in general.

There was an incident in Baltimore a number of years ago. A guy calls 911 and requests a "domestic stand-by" so he can retrieve his personal property from his now "ex" girlfriend's apartment. Police meet him there and ask about weapons. He says he has an unloaded, cased shotgun in his van and produces his valid hunting license. Police proceed to confiscate his shotgun under the then new domestic violence law.

Problem: there was no "domestic violence," that's what this guy was trying to avoid! Clear cut civil right violation (unreasonable seizure).

Guy's lawyer was literally waiting outside the Chief's office next morning. Had his shotgun back by 10AM.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Call to a lawyer before posting the situation on the internet would be my standing advice in this situation, or any where you could potentially be charged. Based on a gloss-through reading of this thread, its sounds like all is okay now. In the future, I believe this gentleman may be open to potential clients - http://www.mdshooters.com/member.php?u=6306. If not, I will edit to remove the reference

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Was their a shipper/packing list inside the package? If yes, then they knew whose property it was when the took it with them and did not give it to the rightful owner.

That still does rise to the level of unlawful seizure.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Very interesting, I'll read this thread later. Sounds like your restaurant neighbor overreacted and called the police and they wanted some time to see if you were doing something wrong so they are buying some time. If there's no other 'history' with this department, I'd tend to cut them some slack; probably a lot of slack and just let it slide and give them a call Monday. However, if you are legitimately 'injured' by this (like loosing money, etc.), you might want to get an attorney. I'll be very surprised if the NRA is able to help; please do keep us posted. 11 pages in this thread already, I'm sure all of these points were already discussed.

Chameleon:

http://thechive.com/2014/01/31/chameleon-is-tired-of-your-s-video/

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    OK guys, I feel like this has gotten way out of hand now. Everyone makes mistakes. If I of all people, the individual that this all happened to, can look past it and realize that we're all human and we all make mistakes, you guys should to. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where the emotions are coming from. I for one was full of them pretty much all day yesterday. Like I said before, our community has been beat hard and put through the ringer. After what happened to us here in Maryland with sb281 we're that much more understandably upset and we have every right to be. Any suspected infringement of our rights should be fully analyzed for what it actually is and the proper offensive or defensive actions should then be taken.

With that being said, let’s analyze the situation from beginning to end.

The restaurant received one of perhaps many packages a day with their business name on the box. I’m looking at it right now and it literally has a sticker that says:

SHIP TO: D.B. MCMILLINAS
    (MY NAME) (MY PHONE NUMBER)
    (D.B. MCMILLINAS ADDRESS

I think we can all see how a DB employee along with anyone of you, me included, could honestly mistake this as package intended for DB’s as a business. Was my name on the package? Sure it was, but so was theirs. I am not the least bit upset with DB’s for opening the package. No devious intentions were at play here. They were simply opening a package that they thought was theirs. END OF STORY.

As some one looking for an upper...what is your site you sell from?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I'd post it here but I don't think I'm aloud as I'm not an industry partner. You can IM me if you want but I don't want to deviate from the topic at hand. Don't want to turn this into a marketing event.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    Because the 4th Amendment prohibits unreasonable searches and SEIZURES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah no kidding, but they didn't "seize" anything per se. They recovered possible lost property sent to the wrong address, VALUABLE property at that, and wanted to ensure all the crossed T's and dotted I's were complete before giving the items back. This is textbook for ANY "lost" property. So there is nothing unreasonable about what they did even if it was a seizure. They weren't looking to charge anyone with a crime IMO they wanted to make sure the property went back to the rightful owner. Most of you can't see past your own hate for cops to see that most cops ARE reasonable.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yeah no kidding, but they didn't "seize" anything per se. They recovered possible lost property sent to the wrong address, VALUABLE property at that, and wanted to ensure all the crossed T's and dotted I's were complete before giving the items back. This is textbook for ANY "lost" property. So there is nothing unreasonable about what they did even if it was a seizure. They weren't looking to charge anyone with a crime IMO they wanted to make sure the property went back to the rightful owner. Most of you can't see past your own hate for cops to see that most cops ARE reasonable.

When the rightful owner listed on the invoice appears, and is told that he can't have is?

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    The items were already taken at that point. There is still a process to recovering lost items. Again, unless you have dealt with it before there are huge liabilities to recovering firearms and firearm parts to ensure they go to the rightful owner other than just an invoice sheet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom