• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    why was it signed for by Jane Doe?

That's one of the first things I wondered.... This is really an interesting event, I'm sorry for your troubles. Hope you get your uppers back.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    That's one of the first things I wondered.... This is really an interesting event, I'm sorry for your troubles. Hope you get your uppers back.

Didn't you read the thread? He did get his stuff..

Glad to hear Sherriff Cameron came through. Seems like a good mug.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Sounds like St. Mary's Sheriffs did what they did to quell any potential BS story put out by the restaurant to the media. It seems like the restaurant went out of their way to force their anti-2A position.

Glad you got your stuff back. Suing would be somewhat wasteful since you really have no damages.

:lol::lol::lol::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol::lol::lol:

Woop- Wooooop. Wooooooooooooooosh.
    That was this whole post going over your head.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I believe you got your parts back tonight.because of here.

I think you're right. It's a small town and a part of me feels like maybe I shouldn't have posted anything and just waited until Monday. The other part of me was freaking the F out! I had firearms accessories confiscated from me in a state that just passed one of the most irrational liberal 2A violating gun laws in this country. I didn't know what was going to happen and I was a little freaked out.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Huh? The restaurant called the cops when they opened the package.

Oh.

I'm not trying to be a d-head here, but can't we all agree that not everyone knows what an AR15 upper is?

And can't we agree that at least half of the people in the United States, that work in a little local restaurant in the middle of a shopping center, would call the police if they opened a package that was delivered 'to said restaurant', and it was filled with, what they only knew as, 10 big black scary tactical rifles?

I don't know if it's the rum and cokes I've had or what, I just can't figure how some of you are genuinely surprised that they called LE when they opened that box.

If I didn't know what I know now, and I was in the same position, I'd be doing the same thing. To make it seem like they were 'establishing their position as anti-2A' is some kind of craziness fabricated out of thin air and I'm distraught that people in this community I've followed for so long but only just recently joined would jump so far as to making conclusions like that based on absolutely nothing.

I'm assuming they were trying to act as concerned citizens.

Lets try and keep our heads on straight and stay the course in our fight for freedom and stop attacking others who are just innocent bystanders.

Anyone need a refill?

Again, just my 2cents.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Sounds like St. Mary's Sheriffs did what they did to quell any potential BS story put out by the restaurant to the media. It seems like the restaurant went out of their way to force their anti-2A position.

Glad you got your stuff back. Suing would be somewhat wasteful since you really have no damages.

Wow. Better take your :tinfoil: off.

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    Oh.

I'm not trying to be a d-head here, but can't we all agree that not everyone knows what an AR15 upper is?

And can't we agree that at least half of the people in the United States, that work in a little local restaurant in the middle of a shopping center, would call the police if they opened a package that was delivered 'to said restaurant', and it was filled with, what they only knew as, 10 big black scary tactical rifles?

I don't know if it's the rum and cokes I've had or what, I just can't figure how some of you are genuinely surprised that they called LE when they opened that box.

If I didn't know what I know now, and I was in the same position, I'd be doing the same thing. To make it seem like they were 'establishing their position as anti-2A' is some kind of craziness fabricated out of thin air and I'm distraught that people in this community I've followed for so long but only just recently joined would jump so far as to making conclusions like that based on absolutely nothing.

Lets try and keep our heads on straight and stay the course in our fight for freedom and stop attacking others who are just innocent bystanders.

Anyone need a refill?

Again, just my 2cents.

The package had a ship to phone number on it but you would call the police?

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    Ok, so now I feel bad for posting the situation before it was all said and done with. I think we are all a little shaken up and battered from the recent Federal Assault Weapons Ban scare followed by it ACTUALLY HAPPENING to us here in Maryland. It’s only natural for us to get worked up over anything that’s “perceived” as a 2A violation.

Now that everything is worked out and returned I have a clear head and can better perceive the situation. The real fault here is on UPS and UPS only. I seriously can’t blame some young DB McMillian employees for calling the authorities and you guys shouldn’t either. I know I sound like the biggest hypocrite ever and I’m sorry. Like I said I was irrationally worked up for the reasons stated above.

Like SolomonsCommune said, you cannot expect the average person to know that an upper receiver is not a regulated item. After all, They do look like guns and they did show up on their doorstep. I can’t say I’d do any differently if I were in the same situation.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I can see a business who receives a package that has their business name on it, opens said package and finds suspicious items that they did not order calling the police. Most companies I have worked for would probably do the same.

Now if it was delivered to me and I saw it contained nice new uppers, I would be calling a lawyer about being able to keep unsolicited goods that were sent to me. I believe there is some law that was written because fake charities were sending goods then billing people.

Quote from Federal Trade Commission web site.
    "Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift."

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I call BS on that last sentence.

If we were in the other shoes, we'd be contemplating on how to get those 10 uppers home with no one noticing. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Takeaway #1 - First Mr Smartt's AK , now this. 2/3 the the way to establishing a pattern of Md LE confiscating anything scary looking first , worry about legality later.

Takeway #2 - Have shipments of potentially scary looking things held at UPS Terminal ( not independent storefront ) , for signature of adressee only.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Ok, so now I feel bad for posting the situation before it was all said and done with. I think we are all a little shaken up and battered from the recent Federal Assault Weapons Ban scare followed by it ACTUALLY HAPPENING to us here in Maryland. It’s only natural for us to get worked up over anything that’s “perceived” as a 2A violation.

Now that everything is worked out and returned I have a clear head and can better perceive the situation. The real fault here is on UPS and UPS only. I seriously can’t blame some young DB McMillian employees for calling the authorities and you guys shouldn’t either. I know I sound like the biggest hypocrite ever and I’m sorry. Like I said I was irrationally worked up for the reasons stated above.

Like SolomonsCommune said, you cannot expect the average person to know that an upper receiver is not a regulated item. After all, They do look like guns and they did show up on their doorstep. I can’t say I’d do any differently if I were in the same situation.

Do not feel bad at all!

We pay the Sheriff's salary via taxes.

We pay them to enforce the law, which means they should already have a working knowledge of the law. Having to confiscate property to sort it out, maybe they should not be deputies. If the sheriff deputies had a working knowledge of the law, they would have handed you the uppers after identifying you as the rightful owner.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Oh.

Anyone need a refill?

Again, just my 2cents.

Do you have an affiliation with this restaurant?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I guess the IDIOTS at this restaurant have the usual firearms guide posted.
    Guide-to-Firearms1.jpg

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Affiliation as in I've been in there before and know some people that work there? Not that it matters but the last time I was in there was 6 or 7 months ago. If that's what you'd call affiliated with them, then I guess the answer is yes. Maybe I did have a dog in this fight just a bit...

I just can't sit idly by while people make comments such as,
    " It seems like the restaurant went out of their way to force their anti-2A position."
    when all they did was call law enforcement when a package, partly addressed to them, showed up full of gun parts.

Before the whole story comes out we're already talking of cancelling meet and greets there, setting up a picket line and making sure to tell everyone not to go to this establishment?

And now that the truth IS out, most people who saw this thread will still feel that same way even though the business acted the way most people would in the same situation.

None of you think that is even kinda messed up?

It's almost as if we did here what we are so used to having done to us as gun owners.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Affiliation as in I've been in there before and probably know some people that work there? Yes. So maybe I did have a dog in that fight...

I guess that I just can't sit idly by while people make comments such as,
    " It seems like the restaurant went out of their way to force their anti-2A position."
    when all they did was call law enforcement when a package, partly addressed to them, showed up full of gun parts.

Before the whole story comes out we're already talking of cancelling meet and greets there, setting up a picket line and making sure to tell everyone not to go to this establishment?

And now that the truth IS out, most people who saw this thread will still feel that same way even though the business acted the way most people would in the same situation.

It's almost as if we did here what we are so used to having done to us as gun owners.

And you contacted them about this thread?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Affiliation as in I've been in there before and probably know some people that work there? Yes. So maybe I did have a dog in that fight...

I guess that I just can't sit idly by while people make comments such as,

Who are you? Owner, employee, or customer?

We have the restaurant owners family members posting in this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom