• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Lawyer.

That's what you should do. On top of that, I'd be filing a report for theft with my local postal inspector. Tampering with packages is a federal crime, prosecutable by the postal inspector.

OP said UPS, not USPS.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I just got done talking to one of the sheriffs. I don't know how in the hell that this is possible, but apparently the shipping label had DB McMillans name as the recipient. I won't believe it until I see it but that's what I was just told.

Upon receiving the package it was clear that DB McMillans name was in fact on the package.

Last edited:

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    The Spikes Tactical shipping department manager texted me a picture of what they imputed into the system and it most certainly did NOT have DB Macmillan's on it

Spikes Tactical got it right. UPS assumed that it was DB McMillans since the address was almost identical. UPS then slapped a sticker over my name with DB McMillans

Last edited:

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    No the duty O didn't transfer me anywhere. He just told me that I had to call the sheriff that confiscated my uppers

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Sounds to me like the primary F up was UPS. Brown owes you $5,000, plus some frustration cash.
    Restaurant folks are scared sheeple acting like good subjects of MD.
    Cops are using authority without intelligence or fear of accountability.

Good luck with this.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I'll post the picture of the shipping data that spikes sent me when I get home. I'm thinking that somehow MAYBE UPS messed up the address because the sheriff swears up and down that the label says DB Macmillan's.

I decided not to post the picture because it has too much personal info on it. I did show it to the Sheriffs office though. His was solely UPS's fault

Last edited:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    File a claim with UPS, they're contractually obligated to complete the delivery and they didn't.

You're right it's not for the Postal Inspectors to investigate, it's the FBI's, theft from Interstate Commerce.

Mack

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Call UPS (now), let them know that your package was mis-delivered and then stolen. I'd call the MSP and tell them the same too.

MDcompetition

Anti-poacher
    MDS Supporter
    May 8, 2013
    Baltimore, MD.
    My baby brother works at UPS and he said exactly what you just stated. Box of candy or box of uppers, no difference, UPS always calls the FBI to report the theft.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    File a claim with UPS, they're contractually obligated to complete the delivery and they didn't.

^^^ This. If the Sheriff's guys confiscated the uppers from the restaurant owner and you never took possession, then UPS owes you your package.

Lawyer up.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    The Spikes Tactical shipping department manager texted me a picture of what they imputed into the system and it most certainly did NOT have DB Macmillan's on it

Seriously? Are you telling me that an officer of the law made a false statement as an official representative of the sheriff's department? Definitely something to tell either the Sheriff or your lawyer.

By the way, are you a registered and licensed business? Just asking.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Still don't see why they confiscated or are otherwise holding on to the shipment....doesn't matter if there was a screwup or not on the part of shipping. Uppers are NOT firearms. There is nothing in SB281 regarding possession of non firearm parts (uppers grips stocks etc)...magazines a different story but the rest should be a none issue. We have two issues here. 1- The recipient freaked out for nothing and should not have opened a package not intended for them. I HIGHLY doubt UPS put an errant address on it (I'm a UPS store customer for my wife's business and its nearly impossible to submit an address and get a label that is entirely different). 2- The sheriffs, if so enamored by 2A and aware of SB 281, should know at least the basics of the law in question. Hell, they could have read the damn thing in 10 min on a smartphone.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I would cease any discussion with the Sheriffs department and/or Deputies for now. You shouldn't have to call around and beg for your property back.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Call the MSP and file a report. Don't even bother calling the Sheriff's Department Monday... It's not your problem to straighten out.

File a claim with UPS and let them sort it out with the Sheriff's Department. When UPS finally delivers the package, make sure that the delivery man notes that the package was opened and closely check everything to make sure that the Sheriff's Department did not damage or loose anything while they were finger banging your uppers.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    I just got done talking to one of the sheriffs. I don't know how in the hell that this is possible, but apparently the shipping label had DB Macmillan's name as the recipient. I won't believe it until I see it but that's what I was just told.

Had this happen to me. When UPS ships a package they put there own label with address on it. What happened is they covered up the original label with my address with another address. UPS was a pain to deal with.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    If it happened to me, I would contact the Sheriff himself and give him a chance to quickly make it right. If he was unreasonable or uninformed, I would contact a lawyer.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Why the neck did the business owner open that package when it was not addressed to her????!!!!! Someone gonna get jammed for this one, get a lawyer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom