• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Feb 28, 2013
    The F'd up thing is, they kept telling me how pro 2nd amendment they are and that sb281 was confusing and full of contradictions. They explained to me that they needed to thoroughly go over the bill and make sure that I didn't violate any laws.

How would you be violating the law with an upper?

Were they short barrel uppers?

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    Lawyer up for sure. At the very least you could talk to a lawyer about filing a writ of replevin.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    No, they were 16" uppers. But even if they were SBR/pistol uppers it shouldn't matter. They're still not regulated or serialized.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    UPS isn't USPS, so not sure about. "federal offenses". However, I'd be on the phone to UPS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I guess the restaurant opened the package, freaked out and called the police.

Again, coming at this with a clear head now that everything is settled. The restaurant did nothing wrong. The young employee had no way of knowing that the parts were non-regulated. After all, upper receivers absolutely look regulated to the untrained eye.

Last edited:

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I'm guessing that the name of my business RIGHT TO BEAR, ARMS AND SUPPLY raised some eyebrows

The name of my business was covered up by UPS. again, a mistake made by UPS and NOT DB McMillan's.

Last edited:

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I just got off the phone with the ST Mary's sheriff duty officer and he told me that I had to call the sheriffs that confiscated my belongings

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Call Monday morning. Go to the Top, Tim Cameron. Saint Marys does not have a firearm unit.

You should have gotten a receipt.

A few years ago not long after Tim was voted in office I had a crackhead break into my shop and steal a lot of tools and a few firearms. I had serial # plus receite's for each firearm that was taken. Every firearm was bought new from one FFL. 2 firearms were recovered and I spent many months and I mean months before I was given my firearms back.
    I had letter in hand from District attorneys office to release firearms to me, I went through 3 different officers that I was told ran the firearms dept. It took 2 months to get a appointment with Tim and when I showed up he was not in the office and was shoveled over to a very condescending Captain. Personally I don't believe that Tim is a true 2nd amendment guy.
    I never have met anyone that he has signed off on there class 3 paperwork.

This incident with local law enforcement helped me push forward with me moving back to the midwest. The State Trooper that was the Detective on my case was a smart professional man. As for the local deputy's I dealt with,,,,,, I was impressed with none.

Rant over,,

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Absolutely unacceptable. Jane Doe should be minding her own F..King business and it sounds like the Sheriff's are uninformed asshats.

They need to know that we won't tolerate this harassment.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The F'd up thing is, they kept telling me how pro 2nd amendment they are and that sb281 was confusing and full of contradictions. They explained to me that they needed to thoroughly go over the bill and make sure that I didn't violate any laws.

Guilty until proven innocent! So much for due process.
    I think I'd file a claim with UPS, they delivered your property to the wrong place and now you can't get it.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm guessing that the name of my business RIGHT TO BEAR, ARMS AND SUPPLY raised some eyebrows

I use ups almost daily and I put my customers phone number on the shipping label.
    So if there is a problem the delivery driver or whoever has the package can call and let you know where you package is.
    I wonder if your shipper typed in your phone number on your shipping label.
    If its there I wonder why the Sheriff would not have called you and informed you he had some of your property.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom