• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    Added a speedfeed 13" stock and forend, shortened the barrel to 20.5", opened up the gas port 2 sizes, added xs ghost ring sights with banded front sight. The speedfeed stock I will say was a poor fitting piece and didnt come with the hardware to make it fit correctly. I had to sand and shim a few things but its a tight fit now. The front sight is made for a barrel .860-880" and mine measures .840 so I made some shims out of .016 aluminum strips and used the specified side shims for a .872 barrel. The rear sight had to be drilled and tapped which had me nervous but wasn't too bad.

Attachments

• 120912202005.jpg
      120912202005.jpg
      66 KB · Views: 441
    • 120912202040.jpg
      120912202040.jpg
      48.1 KB · Views: 351

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    Thanks, im debating whether to put an extended tube on it or not. This will be my deer gun for the late season and next year. Im giving up on my scoped barrel and 17 dollar boxes of sabots. I may try to pop a turkey with it this spring as well.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I hope you were careful and progressive on your gas port mods or you might start breaking stuff when using heavier loads. I have done very similar things to my Moss 935 but I drilled an extra gas port starting at #4 and got to #8 till it cycled target loads reliably and then I short tapped the port and a hole inside the stock so when I want to use the magnums the gun was designed for all I need to do is install the setscrew. You now need the mag extension and an AR or similar and plenty of mags for your pistol to fill out your 3gun gear. Great job there is nothing like doing it yourself not to mention the money you save. There are plenty of people who don't know which end of a screwdriver to use to keep the gunsmiths busy. Why did you open up the gas port anyway?

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    I hope you were careful and progressive on your gas port mods or you might start breaking stuff when using heavier loads. I have done very similar things to my Moss 935 but I drilled an extra gas port starting at #4 and got to #8 till it cycled target loads reliably and then I short tapped the port and a hole inside the stock so when I want to use the magnums the gun was designed for all I need to do is install the setscrew. You now need the mag extension and an AR or similar and plenty of mags for your pistol to fill out your 3gun gear. Great job there is nothing like doing it yourself not to mention the money you save. There are plenty of people who don't know which end of a screwdriver to use to keep the gunsmiths busy. Why did you open up the gas port anyway?

The port was .075 from the factory and I opened it up to .080. All the info I found listed the 21 inch barrels as having 2 ports so I decided to open the port up slightly to compensate for the drop in pressure. This will primarily be a slug gun, maybe some turkey loads so im not too worried about target loads. Ive never done 3 gun but I did build an 80% lower ar that I put a stag upper on, and have a 1911 I built as well as a m&p9 so maybe I should give it a try.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    You are just a mag tube from one pimptastic resident goose,3 gun or HD setup. Once you get past drilling and tapping there is little stopping you. If you have a drill press get a cross slide vise so you can drill your own perfectly alligned sight/scope mount holes as well as light milling with mill cutters. Maybe you could get the picatinny rail and trim it to your rear sight so you could set up a cowitness red dot if you ever wanted to. Definitely start gearing up for the 1911 for 3gun you will be using a setup all of your own making against people with 5 figures of custom stuff and the first time you outshoot a few of those will be one of the most satisfying moments of your life.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Nice!!!!!!!

I did something similar, but, used the "Competition Master" as the template for my 1100 Competition Master Clone.

I got a 1972 1100 'standard' for $100.00 and the parts from Remington, to convert.

Since these pics were taken, I've swapped the pistol-gripped Speedfeed III for a conventional Speedfeed III stock. (I just prefer the conventional stock on the 1100.)

Remington Competition Master barrel - 22" with Remchoke and hi-vis front bead.
    Remington Competition Master magazine extension assembly.
    Remington Competition Master Carrier Assembly. (This ONE modification should be done to EVERY 1100 and 11-87!!!!! Look at the size of the release tab, below!!)
    Speedfeed III stock and forend.
    I did not install the Competition Master 'sidesaddle'. It uses Velcro to attach the sidesaddle, and the loops are elastic. (Cheap looking, IMNSHO.)

1100CMCloneII.jpg

1100CMClone.jpg

Sofar, this has been 100% reliable with everything I've fed it.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    The "Competition Master" Carrier Assembly is a fantastic modification!!!
    You only need to 'bump' the release button, instead of the old press the living crap out of the button!
    Part is still available from Remington, according to the 2012 Parts Listing.

CarrierAssyw_ruler.jpg

Here's the parts listing to convert an 1100 to a "Competition Master Clone":
    1100CompetitionMasterclonepartslist.jpg

The prices may be outdated, but, the part numbers are the same.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom