• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawAnomaly

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2010
    Northern Calvert County
    I was wrong about make and model. The autoloader is a browning, I can't see a model on it though, it does have the cutter compressor

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I was wrong about make and model. The autoloader is a browning, I can't see a model on it though, it does have the cutter compressor

Does it have a big humpback? Like this?

browning_1.jpg

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    this is fascinating, both guns seem in excellent condition - I personally do NOT like the humpback of the Auto 5 but like my auto Win Model 50 - which only holds 3 shells....
    I think no matter which gun remains with the other person, she needs training, not just once, but repeated use.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The Rem Wingmaster is a great gun, maybe the favorite of all my shotguns. Probably more of them made than any other shotgun ever. You can buy shorter barrels and different stocks for it. Prices are pretty cut and dry. It is worth more than the 870 Express etc.
    The Browning A5 is no picnic to shoot. It recoils pretty hard. Your pictures don't show the tang-whether it is long or short. It is a round knob version. You may want to take it to a reliable shop and get a price on it. A lot of people collect them and you may be able to get a good price for it and buy yourself something a lot more pleasant shoot.

LawAnomaly

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2010
    Northern Calvert County
    this is fascinating, both guns seem in excellent condition - I personally do NOT like the humpback of the Auto 5 but like my auto Win Model 50 - which only holds 3 shells....
    I think no matter which gun remains with the other person, she needs training, not just once, but repeated use.

I know, he obviously took very good care of them while he was alive as they have sat in their cases for a little over 13 years. I told her this and offered to take her to a range so she can get instruction there and get to know how a range works so she can practice

The Rem Wingmaster is a great gun, maybe the favorite of all my shotguns. Probably more of them made than any other shotgun ever. You can buy shorter barrels and different stocks for it. Prices are pretty cut and dry. It is worth more than the 870 Express etc.
    The Browning A5 is no picnic to shoot. It recoils pretty hard. Your pictures don't show the tang-whether it is long or short. It is a round knob version. You may want to take it to a reliable shop and get a price on it. A lot of people collect them and you may be able to get a good price for it and buy yourself something a lot more pleasant shoot.

I figured the a-5 had more kick based on the recoil suppressor, which is why i reccomended that if she were to sell me one she should keep the remington wingmaster for herself to use for hd and for me to borrow for hunting and clay shooting :) I like things that are a challenge so this news makes me want the a-5 even more. I probably would not be able to sell it as it was my gf's fathers and they were very close and she liked to go shooting with him so it would probably hurt her for me to sell it; i would not mind keeping it anyway, my dad and i would have some fun going to loch raven skeet and trap center

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom