• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EurAzn12

Mar 29, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I wanted to shoot if at all possible. I've shot high power and palma for a long time, been getting into 3 gun recently and IDPA is something i really want to get in to.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Well it's an IDPA sanctioned match so you would need to be an IDPA member and be classified in order to shoot.
    A match like that may not be the best place to try out a new game.
    Coming out to watch would be fine, just remember to bring your eyes and ears.
    There will be a club match at Sanners Lake on May 22 according to the schedule they have posted. That would be a much better place to get your feet wet.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Anyone can watch. If you want to shoot it you need to register ASAP you will find that on the Sanners link ort the link at IDPA. The link is on the thread.

Vet

EurAzn12

Mar 29, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    vetts1911- I couldn't find the schedule break down, would I be able to shoot Saturday only? I'm at the Academy and can't get out of here til late Friday afternoon...

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    vetts1911- I couldn't find the schedule break down, would I be able to shoot Saturday only? I'm at the Academy and can't get out of here til late Friday afternoon...

Vetts1911 is at work and can't reply but maybe I can help.
    Are you an IDPA member?
    Have you shot a classifier?
    The match is a 1 day format that will be shot either on Friday (mostly staff and SOs) or Sat.

EurAzn12

Mar 29, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Yes, I have SA 1911 Trophy Match, 4 8-round magazines, a blackhawk CQC serpa holster, a shooting vest and plenty of blammo, anything I'm forgetting?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Magazine holder would be helpful but not necessary.
    Looking at the match directors notes on the web site it says "All shooters must have current IDPA membership and classification cards".
    Looks like you will be fine to shoot this match if you can join IDPA and shoot a classifier between now and then as long as the match doesn't fill up.

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    Pop Gunner will be handling this thread for me. Thank You Pop Gunner. As the match is near and the work load is growing by the minute. There is not much time free enough to run this any more.

I hope that every one has a great match!

If you are signed up look for the emails.

V/R,

Vet

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    This will be my first sanctioned state match, and I understand that it will be ten stages. How much ammo do people normally bring to these? I just loaded 250, will that be enough?

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    This will be my first sanctioned state match, and I understand that it will be ten stages. How much ammo do people normally bring to these? I just loaded 250, will that be enough?

You're up loading late aren't you?

10 stages and you know the max round count for a stage is 18. That means a maximum of 180 shots (although that would be a bit much).
    If the max is 180 I usually figure it will be 150-160...Then add 100 rounds to that to account for make up shots, stage malfunction re-shoots etc...
    I'll be bringing 250 which should more than cover me for the match and a couple of re-shoots if there is a problem.
    More than once I've had a score keeper forget to write down the time and had to go back to re-shoot.
    Bradd I would suggest you bring 300 just to be safe.
    It never hurts to have extra even if you just leave them in the car and it would so suck to run out of ammo before you run out of match.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    You're up loading late aren't you?

Reloading relaxes me! :) And I'm kind of a night person anyway.

10 stages and you know the max round count for a stage is 18. That means a maximum of 180 shots (although that would be a bit much).
    If the max is 180 I usually figure it will be 150-160...Then add 100 rounds to that to account for make up shots, stage malfunction re-shoots etc...
    I'll be bringing 250 which should more than cover me for the match and a couple of re-shoots if there is a problem.
    More than once I've had a score keeper forget to write down the time and had to go back to re-shoot.
    It never hurts to have extra even if you just leave them in the car.

This is sort of what I was figuring, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I may still load some more, just to be sure...

Thanks, pop-gunner

vetts1911

Practical Shooter
    Aug 25, 2008
    Mechanicsville
    The end

Our match went smoother than I would have ever thought thanks to all the hard work of our staff, helpful shooters and generous sponsors. We are gearing up for 2012 now and plan to make this one even better.

I hope that all had a great time and please thank the sponsors for the support that they provided to all of us.

Vet

actionpistolshooter

Nov 11, 2009
    Dunkirk, MD
    Our match went smoother than I would have ever thought thanks to all the hard work of our staff, helpful shooters and generous sponsors. We are gearing up for 2012 now and plan to make this one even better.

I hope that all had a great time and please thank the sponsors for the support that they provided to all of us.

Vet

It was a great match. The stages were straightforward but challenging, all the staff / RO/SO's did a great job, and everything was smooth.

It was a real pleasure to shoot. Thanks for all the hard work and long hours, it paid off.

KenLambert

May 2, 2011
    I wanted to express heartfelt thanks to all of you for putting on a great match this weekend. Driving down from New Hampshire was well worth it. You guys put a lot of work into making the CoF and running it smoothly from a shooters point of view. I can’t wait to come down again next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom