• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dereke

May 10, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    If I were an FFL and was to make a 80% Glock 19 and serialize it, how would I tell if its allowed in the state of Maryland I cant seem to get a clear answer. Thanks

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Why would an FFL do this? An OEM Glock frame is cheaper than a Polymer80 and there's no work involved.

V-tac

Industry Partner
    May 8, 2018
    As an FFl Dereke Ive aske the same question and just havent put much time into it.
    Poly 80 frames and the other wolf one are much better feeling in my hands.
    I also ask this because i make my own slides.

I will see if i can find out more info on it.

i also dont see how his question could be in any way construed as nefarious

Dereke

May 10, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    The reasoning for my question was I have seen and held some 80% frames recently and they have been and felt nicer than the OEM Frame and wondered if it was legal to purchase in MD as I cant seem to get an answer if it is on the MD roster. Thanks again for any and all help

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My feeling (no facts here) is the FFL would need to hold a manufacturing license (FFL07???) in order to be in the business of manufacturing and selling guns... whether from scratch (from billets), or from an 80%. Poly, AL or Fe should not matter.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You would need your 007 FFL.
    You would mark the frame with " Dereke's Gun Shop " , or whichever trade name is on file with your 007.
    You would comply with the usual Federal recordkeeping for firearms mfg by an 007 , pay the Federal Excise Tax , etc .

The Federal procedures fulfilled , should you wish to offer for sale in Maryland , you would then submit it to the Handgun Roster Board for approval .

Added - What Boxcab simultaneously posted above . This would the Manufacturing of a firearn by a Manufacturer . The raw materials you use dosen't materiality matter .

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    If you just want it for yourself, buy the kit and build it. There's no paperwork since it's a kit of parts, not a completed firearm. The Handgun Roster determines what guns can be sold in MD, which does not apply here.

Dereke

May 10, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    You would need your 007 FFL.
    You would mark the frame with " Dereke's Gun Shop " , or whichever trade name is on file with your 007.
    You would comply with the usual Federal recordkeeping for firearms mfg by an 007 , pay the Federal Excise Tax , etc .

The Federal procedures fulfilled , should you wish to offer for sale in Maryland , you would then submit it to the Handgun Roster Board for approval .

Added - What Boxcab simultaneously posted above . This would the Manufacturing of a firearn by a Manufacturer . The raw materials you use dosen't materiality matter .

Thank you, This help answer my question about how this would work, if it count as a new brand/ manufactured firearm. Thanks again for your response

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Why would an FFL do this? An OEM Glock frame is cheaper than a Polymer80 and there's no work involved.

I know of folks who, with paying close attention to sales, have put together Polymer 80s for less than the cost of a Glock and they say the work is fun and a great learning experience......

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    FWIW, for California sales of Polymer 80s the only requirement is that it comes from the vendor serialized and sent directly to an FFL for transfer. Nothing else needs to be put on the frame, just build it

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    As an FFl Dereke Ive aske the same question and just havent put much time into it.
    Poly 80 frames and the other wolf one are much better feeling in my hands.
    I also ask this because i make my own slides.

I will see if i can find out more info on it.

i also dont see how his question could be in any way construed as nefarious

Do you want to explain why you are talking to yourself?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.09.21 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 6.09.21 AM.png
      1.7 KB · Views: 296

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's okay to talk to yourself as lo g as you don't start answering yourself. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom