• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    The 50 round boxes of Federal HST, which are marked 'Law Enforcement', are now apparently only to be sold to LEOs who can provide credentials. Lowly civilians only have the option to buy the 20 round boxes which are ~2x the cost of the 50. A distributor or 2 sent out emails today, and if you check prices online they are up substantially.
    :tdown:

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Targetsportsusa still seems to have them but the price has gone from 40 cents to 60 cents a round. Still cheaper than the the 20 round boxes.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Target Sports is still showing it without the need for credentials. But looking into things it looks like their parent company (Vista) is for more regulations and regulating things like bump stocks. So Federal, CCI, Speer, Blazer, Savage, and Stevens won't be getting anymore of my money.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I know we aren't "banned" from buying this stuff but still I hear of crap like this and am reminded of this quote. "Tyranny can be defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry". Not sure who first said it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    What's the point of this?
    A cop isn't buying his own ammo for his service weapon so he's buying HST to keep him and his family safe, just like I am.

I think its a marketing scheme. Tell me I can't have it and the only thing I'm thinking about is how I can get it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Just guessing, but it sounds to me like they might be having trouble trying to meet demand on LE contracts they are committed to, not anything nefarious. This happens with ammo companies more often than you might think.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Just guessing, but it sounds to me like they might be having trouble trying to meet demand on LE contracts they are committed to, not anything nefarious. This happens with ammo companies more often than you might think.

I think you’re right. I wonder if there’s confusion between only being able to order 20 round boxes and only being being able to order 20 boxes?
    Regardless it does seem like a supply issue.

Attachments

• FBB2589D-977F-437A-BBA0-25B2F4B045E9.jpg
      FBB2589D-977F-437A-BBA0-25B2F4B045E9.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 513

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018

I hope so. For the time being though, I will do my best to avoid buying it and switch to buying something else.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I would consider switch away from HSTs because of this price BS that originally started with the move to 20 round boxes but I like to shoot a couple hundred rounds of my carry ammo through my gun before I fully trust it. So I’m going to be in for several hundred dollars to switch because I need the confidence building lot, a core lot to keep for rotating through my carry guns, and some for practice stock.

The one thing that I really like about the HST 147s is that I can practice with American eagle 147s and I’ve found that I get very close to the same POI and recoil impulse. I’ve put both over the chrono and they are within 25 FPS of each other so there is a really nice match.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I would consider switch away from HSTs because of this price BS that originally started with the move to 20 round boxes but I like to shoot a couple hundred rounds of my carry ammo through my gun before I fully trust it. So I’m going to be in for several hundred dollars to switch because I need the confidence building lot, a core lot to keep for rotating through my carry guns, and some for practice stock.

The one thing that I really like about the HST 147s is that I can practice with American eagle 147s and I’ve found that I get very close to the same POI and recoil impulse. I’ve put both over the chrono and they are within 25 FPS of each other so there is a really nice match.

Sig’s Elite Performance is supposed to be the exact same for their FMJ and HP so you can train with the FMJ and not have to waste your defensive ammo. I haven’t shot a lot of it yet but it seems to be true or at least pretty close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom