• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The long tradition of the Maryland State Police testifying about their policy preferences is a DISGRACE!

They are implementers of policy because they are UNELECTED BUREAUCRATS.

The MSP has no business testifying about gun control policies that they wish to see implemented.

If they appear at all, their appearance should be limited to answering questions about statistics, manpower numbers, costs, and implementation limits, etc.

Can you say "CONFLICT OF INTEREST?"

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Something I have seen in multiple places and heard multiple times - the Democrats on multiple committees are complaining that Hogan is refusing to allow the Executive Departments to testify in front of the committees for questioning. They (Democrats) are complaining that this does not allow them to receive input from the departments on the bills. Allow me to say "hogwash"...the Executive Departments provide feedback to the Department of Legislative Services (DLS) which is then combined/massaged with information from DLS requests to County Departments to produce the Fiscal & Policy Note. When I say massaged, I am meaning to imply that the financial numbers are "analyzed" and "corrected" to the information presented to the Legislators just prior to the bill hearing.

The F&P rarely shows up with any significant amount of time to be reviewed by the legislators, but includes two primary things:
    1. Fiscal numbers, provided by the Executive Department as evidence of how much any given bill will cost to implement, as "analyzed" by the DLS and modified (either up or down, depending on whatever mechanism DLS chooses to use at any given time).
    2. Policy impacts based on modifying existing law.
    As such, anyone stating that the Executive Departments have not provided testimony is creating political spin for their constituents. They may have questions they wish to ask, which is why they have staff personnel and the Executive Departments all have Legislative Liaisons to answer those questions, at the direction of the Governor's Office.

Perhaps, if we didn't have such an ideologically-driven, agenda-driven, fear-mongering General Assembly, maybe the two sides could work with each other on issues. Instead, we have deteriorated to almost complete partisanship and neither side will compromise with the other on a regular basis.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Something I have seen in multiple places and heard multiple times - the Democrats on multiple committees are complaining that Hogan is refusing to allow the Executive Departments to testify in front of the committees for questioning. They (Democrats) are complaining that this does not allow them to receive input from the departments on the bills. Allow me to say "hogwash"...the Executive Departments provide feedback to the Department of Legislative Services (DLS) which is then combined/massaged with information from DLS requests to County Departments to produce the Fiscal & Policy Note. When I say massaged, I am meaning to imply that the financial numbers are "analyzed" and "corrected" to the information presented to the Legislators just prior to the bill hearing.

The F&P rarely shows up with any significant amount of time to be reviewed by the legislators, but includes two primary things:
    1. Fiscal numbers, provided by the Executive Department as evidence of how much any given bill will cost to implement, as "analyzed" by the DLS and modified (either up or down, depending on whatever mechanism DLS chooses to use at any given time).
    As such, anyone stating that the Executive Departments have not provided testimony is creating political spin for their constituents. They may have questions they wish to ask, which is why they have staff personnel and the Executive Departments all have Legislative Liaisons to answer those questions, at the direction of the Governor's Office.

Perhaps, if we didn't have such an ideologically-driven, agenda-driven, fear-mongering General Assembly, maybe the two sides could work with each other on issues. Instead, we have deteriorated to almost complete partisanship and neither side will compromise with the other on a regular basis.

You assume there are two sides.:innocent0

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

So, the Dems are pissed that their deep state plants aren't able to testify?

Maybe Hogan is doing a little right.

(Yeah, very little.)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've never witnessed such a display of boorish, revolting behavior by public officials since Lester Maddox tried to stop grade school integration by wielding an axe handle at the door.

Ms. Judah has been insulted, slandered and demeaned before by GA politicians. She made it part of the record before she left the HPRB. She does not deserve such disrespect. The tyrannical swine who ordered her violent removal while attempting to testify on the basis of her profound knowledge of the Board's actions and policies during her tenure ought to be forced to resign in disgrace, though horsewhipping on the steps of the Statehouse seems perhaps more appropriate.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

THIS ^^^ Absolutely accurate description of what goes on. Well done!

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I understand the implications of losing the hprb but it makes one feel as though the citizens of MD are ok with the current scheme?

SD is G&S!

Just a thought, Sorry Bill.

This is an opportunity to tell your story about how the State Police treated you in the application process.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This is an opportunity to tell your story about how the State Police treated you in the application process.

Thanks, I did not see it that way and personally feel votes won’t be changed, I’ll send more letters.

Scared me off just seeing what they did to everyone else. If they are this cruel I have to think what might happen while legally carrying. Now they are dragging women out of testimony. Yeah

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Just tried to post this to Facebook and was told that this article was already removed from Facebook for being against their rules for violence.

So, wait a minute. Proceedings in the Maryland General Assembly are too violent to pass TOU for facebook?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I understand the implications of losing the hprb but it makes one feel as though the citizens of MD are ok with the current scheme?

SD is G&S!

Just a thought, Sorry Bill.

I added a paragraph on the end. No problemo! You can customize those letters to kingdom come. I've redone a couple from scratch because they didn't tell the story at all..

Feb 28, 2013
    I liked her one comment especially. "You give people one minute and YOU show up late." That pretty much defines the attitude of our liberal overlords. When they're not playing chess on their laptops.

”How long do we hafta sit here and listen to this rabble?”

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom