• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    So the fiancé just told me she wants to buy me a shotgun for a wedding gift. What should I be looking at in the 2k price range? My experience is pretty limited and have only really ever shot clays once but we loved it and want to make the leap into the sport.

My first thought is I would like to go hold and fondle several different options, where would the best place to do this? Preferable somewhere near Towson.

I am leaning towards and o/u and notably a Browning Cynergy or Citori but am open to different options.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Tell her to get you a Krieghoff. It's a little more than 2K though.......

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is from the most recent BPS ad. Both are solid and popular guns.

Attachments

• DB590BEA-897D-498C-A0B7-6D70E961FA78.jpg
      DB590BEA-897D-498C-A0B7-6D70E961FA78.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 612

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I bought the Beretta Silver Pigeon 1 / 686 last year. That Bass Pro sale is price is a good deal.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I recommend you come out tomorrow to the AGC.

Saturday, March 2nd from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Arlington will have a Bust Fest on Trap 4. This event is a lot of fun. It’s a great way to learn how to shoot trap or try out different shotguns. Bring a box of clays or $15 to cover the cost of a box of clays from the AGC. Ammo Requirements: Target loads with #7.5, #8 or #9 shot with a velocity of 1200 Feet Per Second (FPS) or less.

New and perspective members are always welcome. We usually have lunch available around 11:30.

Club info can be found here:
    https://arlingtonrpc.org

Range Address:

Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore
    11518 Marriottsville Rd, Marriottsville, MD 21104
    Office Line: 410-461-8532

Hope to see you there!

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    I would love to stop by the AGC one day. Unfortunately I am in Texas this whole weekend. I have been meaning to get some more info about joining.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    That Silver Pigeon from Bass pro is a good deal, as is the CXS. Most people who handle both come away with a distinct preference. 12 gauge 30" barrels is a versatile all-arounder.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Shotguns are about fit.

Which fits you better. But either of the B guns will be good ones to own.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    That Silver Pigeon from Bass pro is a good deal, as is the CXS. Most people who handle both come away with a distinct preference. 12 gauge 30" barrels is a versatile all-arounder.
    Shotguns are about fit.

Which fits you better. But either of the B guns will be good ones to own.
    Either of the "B" guns are perfect for what you want to do in your price range.

They do fit different.....I'm a Browning guy (I have shot a 30" Special Sporting Clays O/U model for going on 40 years. I shoot all the clays games with it)....I can't hit a bull in the @$$ with a Berretta. I have absolutely nothing against them, they are well built and will last you, your kids, and theirs lifetimes, they just don't fit ME.

Get your hands on both and shoot them. You will love one and like the other.......I like Berrettas, i just can't see buying something that I need to put a couple of hundred more $$$$ into to make it fit when a Browning fits like a glove out of the box.

This is coming from a NRA Shotgun instructor and NSCA Level I Instructor.
    I used to work at PG and it's where I attempted to shoot plenty Berrettas teaching the Intro to Shotgun class.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I would love to stop by the AGC one day. Unfortunately I am in Texas this whole weekend. I have been meaning to get some more info about joining.
    Don't know where you are in Texas and I know it's a big state, but the headquarters and shooting grounds for both the NSSA (Skeet) and NSCA (Sporting Clays) are located in San Antonio.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I recommend you come out tomorrow to the AGC.

Saturday, March 2nd from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Arlington will have a Bust Fest on Trap 4. This event is a lot of fun. It’s a great way to learn how to shoot trap or try out different shotguns. Bring a box of clays or $15 to cover the cost of a box of clays from the AGC. Ammo Requirements: Target loads with #7.5, #8 or #9 shot with a velocity of 1200 Feet Per Second (FPS) or less.

New and perspective members are always welcome. We usually have lunch available around 11:30.

Club info can be found here:
    https://arlingtonrpc.org

Range Address:

Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore
    11518 Marriottsville Rd, Marriottsville, MD 21104
    Office Line: 410-461-8532

Hope to see you there!

This is the best place to try out shotguns. My wife shot about 20 different shot guns before buying one, and most of them were at a bust fest.

Tod

MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Love my Beretta silver pigeon but If you shoot a lot make sure you are good with the recoil. A semi auto might suite you better.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Love my Beretta silver pigeon but If you shoot a lot make sure you are good with the recoil. A semi auto might suite you better.

If you shoot a lot, you will get used to the recoil. :)

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    This is the best place to try out shotguns. My wife shot about 20 different shot guns before buying one, and most of them were at a bust fest.

Thanks Engineerbrian! When your back from Texas if you don’t buy something check our schedule. Brad our 2019 schedule is out on the website feel free to PM me or email me at arlingtonrpc.vicepresident@gmail.com if you have any questions and would like to meet up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Either of the "B" guns are perfect for what you want to do in your price range.

They do fit different.....I'm a Browning guy (I have shot a 30" Special Sporting Clays O/U model for going on 40 years. I shoot all the clays games with it)....I can't hit a bull in the @$$ with a Berretta. I have absolutely nothing against them, they are well built and will last you, your kids, and theirs lifetimes, they just don't fit ME.

Get your hands on both and shoot them. You will love one and like the other.......I like Berrettas, i just can't see buying something that I need to put a couple of hundred more $$$$ into to make it fit when a Browning fits like a glove out of the box.

This is coming from a NRA Shotgun instructor and NSCA Level I Instructor.
    I used to work at PG and it's where I attempted to shoot plenty Berrettas teaching the Intro to Shotgun class.

Repeating this for those who post I have XX and it shoots great.

SHOTGUNS MUST FIT THE SHOOTER. Unless two people are twins, they need to each shoulder/shoot various shotguns to see what works for them

I am also an NRA Shotgun Instructor and NSCA Level 1 Instructor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom