• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Yes, it's way cool .

But for historical reference , back in the late 1800's aka Wild West days , the standard loads for 10ga were 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 oz . In other words , historical 10ga loads were equivalent to modern era 12ga field loads .

And for everyone with their cut down 10ga , who doesn't want painful recoil from anti- aircraft class goose loads RST ( rstshells dot com) offers 2 5/8 and 2 7/8 in 10ga shells loaded with 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 oz of shot @ moderate velocities , starting at $16/ 25rd .

Actually, Do you have any recommendations for anti-aircraft class goose loads? I usually just pick up whatever I see when I see it. But it would be nice to get some high quality hot shells. Maybe in the Buckshot and Slug variety.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For high end non-toxic Goose loads , I'll defer to Fabs .

For Buckshot it's a toss up between Federal Premium Lead Buckshot , and Hevi- Shot Dead Coyote . Fewer pellets that hit harder and penetrate deeper with Hevi Shot
    But at $40 / 5 rds is pretty steep .

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So I actually got it done and I love it. I have WAY more in the gun than it will ever be worth. But it was a labor of love. Everytime I get out to a range that will let me shoot my 10GA coach gun I bring it. The recoil isn't bad.

That's neat. What was it built from? Only think missing is hammers.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    See post #19

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spanish SxS that's what I thought. Mine is so hard to open the breach on I cant imagine trying to do it with a short barrel.

OP,

Did your smith do any work on the action? Not sure I would chop mine but wouldn't mind making it more serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom