Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old March 15th, 2019, 05:40 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
One thing that I don't get about this suit is that Adam Lanza didn't buy the AR-15. His mother did. He killed her to get access to it. ....
I agree generally with this and all your points. But the Lanza gun safe was in the kids room and a low security safe. The argument is going to be she bought it for him motivated by the "man card" advert.

in the bigger picture it does not matter much if they win this one. just as gun control lobby has spent about $3 for every $1 they deny the NRA, and that worked and is still worthwhile to them; in the case of lawsuits they primary want to open as many as possible.

the win for the gun controllers on the lawsuits can be any one of the following:
a) death of a thousand cuts from thousands of lawsuits that are costly to defend
b) a possible gigantic payday of >$1,000,000,000 win
c) public relations wins from say forcing gun makers to open up and provide all memos, emails, and internal discussions as to marketing etc. There could be internal memos that could be spun to make Remington look like Satan

Lets keep in mind the gun control lobby can spend upwards of $1000 million a year on suits -- all paid for by the taxpayer since the are por bono charity of the huge law firms to the gun control "charities" -- fully tax deductable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/b...law-firms.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/17/o...n-the-nra.html
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:44 PM #72

Do they first have to prove that the rifle was actually used in the shooting? The ME comments about the bullets not exiting such little bodies sounds like the biggest pile of BS ever. Compare to a large eastern coyote, a round nose .22 LR fired from a pistol at near point blank exits a coyotes body. I'd think a soft point .223 would exit every single time. The ME ( H Wayne Carver) seems to have a been a hack, probably appointed due to come political connection. OR he and his staff were ordered to falsify evidence. Just look at his wacky behavior during the press conference. The forensics tent was " this magnificent thing!". You can also see photographic evidence of what looks like a plant by an idiot. The Glock 20 has the slide locked back and the cartridge you see "jammed" in the chamber is BACKWARDS. It reminds me of the fiasco I think was H&K ad that had the mag loaded with the round backwards lol. I honestly don't think Lanza boy with autism would have loaded a round backwards, then the next he loads properly but doesn't go back and redo the backwards one. Autism had a high amount of OCD and doing things properly on something one is fixated or obsessed with. And I have never heard of a pistol jamming due to a round flipping backwards like an acrobat. Esp a Glock...

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues